WineBoard
I hate microsoft!!!!! - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Talk With Your Moderators (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: I hate microsoft!!!!! (/thread-20208.html)

- hotwine - 12-31-2002

Daughter gave me winXP for Christmas, to replace the win-Me that crashes several times each day. So I installed it. And now have no email. "Your microsoft 2000 outlook professional is not compatible with winXP. Please install the outlook system disks." You think I can find them?? No way, Jose'! Daughter had said, "Dadddd, you really should scrap your PC and get a Mac!" NOW I believe her!! And to top it off, XP is as cheesey in appearance as my old Commodore Vic20 was, 20 years ago! What a crock! What a @@#$%#@#! company!

- Innkeeper - 12-31-2002

Me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Bucko - 12-31-2002

I love my Windows XP, seriously. Much more user friendly. But I did not upgrade, the cornputer came with it. Maybe the upgrade is what is screwing with you.

- hotwine - 12-31-2002

The upgrade seems to have overwritten some files and not others. No rhyme or reason that I can see, just the sadistic joy of the gates crowd. I'd love to round 'em up and use 'em for muckin' out the bullpens ...with the bulls present and ornery.

- winoweenie - 01-01-2003

Sorry to hear your problemos there hotsie-poo. So far, I too, like herr Buckinheimer am loving the difference in the XP Pro and the ME. Think we need to get a good attorney (I finally made a real oxymoron) and find out how much Billys' Boys knew about the ME whenced they foisted that piece of ca-ca on usuns.Oh well..............HAPPY NEWSKI TO ALL!!ww

- Thomas - 01-01-2003

Mac is the ANSWER!

I have been using Macs since they arrived; sadly, have been using Microsoft products that long too. The Mac operating system is consistently superior to MS, no matter how many letters the Gates Gang assigns to their latest PC (pure crap) version of Windows (I dream daily of a worldwide windows closing).

Coincidentally Hotwine, I signed on to my office computer emailer yesterday only to find that Windows (or Outlook, don't know which) mysteriously decided to scrap is-wine's complete Address Book. We are rebuilding it because the culprit saw fit to erase the backup too--don't ask me how, 'cause I do not know.

This is what we get when we allow one company to run rampant with our money.

[This message has been edited by foodie (edited 01-01-2003).]

- Innkeeper - 01-01-2003

Actually mine came with the new puter, and we're gradually getting used to it. A definite negative is Outlook. Had to import Eudora from old puter. Will download a better version shortly, and will scrap Outlook altogether.

- hotwine - 01-01-2003

Incredible. I'm thinkin' of giving this PC to a charity and starting over with a Mac. Trouble is, don't know what charity I'd want to curse with a gates-toy. They all deserve better than that. Maybe the local democratic party office would like a PC....heh, heh....

- Bucko - 01-01-2003

I don't know about you boyz and your fruitputers........

I use outlook express, never have tried outlook. Eudoro is a good e-mail venue as well.

- Glass_A_Day - 01-01-2003

There are too many bugs to list when using the upgrade instead of a clean install. You can still use Outlook Express buy starting it through your program menu and when prompted, make it your default email client. Otherwise you will need to get the new Outlook that works with XP. I have it and it is fantastic. It came with Office XP pro. Good luck.

- hotwine - 01-01-2003

I've got Outlook running OK now, but still P.O.'d at the gates crowd. Git a rope!

- winedope1 - 01-02-2003

sorry about the troubles! I like XP and Outlook express as well. WD