WineBoard
Enhance your wine!!! - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Talk With Your Moderators (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Enhance your wine!!! (/thread-20181.html)

Pages: 1 2

- Kcwhippet - 10-09-2005

Now you can enhance your wine by reducing tannins and eliminating red wine headaches. Check this out - [url=http://www.wineenhancer.net/]www.wineenhancer.net/[/url]

They just never quit, do they?

- hotwine - 10-09-2005

The heirs of PT Barnum are still trying to make a buck.

Like the magnets, those things will probably show up in some wine shops eventually.

- winoweenie - 10-09-2005

How much do it cost? WW [img]http://www.wines.com/ubb2/wink.gif[/img]

- robr - 10-09-2005

What the Hell?!

- msnyder199 - 10-09-2005

I have used the wine enhancer several times. I have been very impressed by it. I am not easily convinced by things that are not black and white. Each time I have tried it, I have put aside a control of the wine I am trying in a wine glass. I have then put the bottle of wine,typically red, on the wine enhancer for 4 to 5 minutes. After pouring the wine, I give it some time to breath and then I have compared it to the control. The taste is smoother. Of interest is that I have found that I can drink red wine again without acid reflux problems. You may think this is a bunch of BS, but it is not!! I read a review on the internet by one of the wine magazines which found exactly the same thing I found by trying it several times.

- Thomas - 10-09-2005

First of all, if you need to smooth out tannins in order to drink the wine you are either opening the thing too early or gravely impatient for the breathing process or--worse--you bought a wine you shouldn't have.

Second, it cures the wine, headaches, acid reflux, and I am sure it must do something for peace of mind--but...

- winoweenie - 10-09-2005

Do it help with bad digestion, impertinance, or aggressive behavior? If not, don' send me one. WW

- jmcginley1 - 10-11-2005

Wow. I don't get it. How does this one work?

- Kcwhippet - 10-12-2005

It doesn't, despite claims to the contrary. There's no verifiable scientific basis to the claims.

- robr - 10-12-2005

It's like Pyramid Power. Put your razor blades inside and they will never get dull. Put your wine on this magic crystal and copper coiled thingamabob and it's guaranteed to last longer and taste better. What a bucket load of s**t!

- Robert Catania - 10-13-2005

Perhaps you should test something before you trash it. This has been tested in numerous blind tastings and pick consistently as preferred by experts.
Including the wine spectator, Cape Cod times, Boston Phoenix.

The part that is really wrong with your comments is if I ever came on here and posted about it you would kick me off and cry spam!!. As an administrator you should be a bit more careful. Negative comments about someone’s legitimate business is poor judgment and uneducated on this particular subject.
Fact
Aspirin was not scientifically figured out for 200 years. Does that mean it did not relieve pain until we figured it out science figured out how it worked?
Also I have technology to protect. Do you see other technology companies giving out all info on how something works exactly?
Why don't you stick to wine talk on here unless you have something good to say about someone you know nothing about!!
I have plenty of people who will and have given testimony on its performance.
Robert Catania [url=http://www.wineEnhancer.net]www.wineEnhancer.net[/url]

[quote]Originally posted by Kcwhippet:
[b]It doesn't, despite claims to the contrary. There's no verifiable scientific basis to the claims.[/b][/quote]

- Thomas - 10-13-2005

Robert,

you have the benefit of the doubt--the thing likely works as advertised, but can you explain its purpose: what is in it for me if the the thing softens tannins in a few seconds? Is there something wrong with wine that contains tannin? Is this product there to cover up an out-of-balance wine? I would love to know the rationale behind the need for the product.

- winoweenie - 10-13-2005

Robert as the Bard so profoundly wrote " Me thinks you protest too much." As your own ad says no 2 pieces are exactly alike as they are " Pieces of Art '. If there's no conformity to the product it stands to reason there's no standard in its' performance. I'll still let nature take its' course in the cellar with my wine. Wine Rocks, Pyramids, Mumbo-Jumbo malarky. I certainly hope you aren't comparing this thing with aspirin. WW ( Experts...Cape Cod Times, Boston Phoenix?????)

[This message has been edited by winoweenie (edited 10-13-2005).]

[This message has been edited by winoweenie (edited 10-14-2005).]

- Thomas - 10-14-2005

I wonder if I'll ever get an answer to my questions.

- Robert Catania - 10-14-2005

I do not frequent this forum or any others due to being too busy; I got here because I was directed by someone about the negative post.
The web site lists reasons why SOME people would like to remove tannins. I for example have suffered from red wine headaches my whole life and now I do not, nor does anyone who has used this device with the same health issue I have. People who do not have this problem have trouble understanding why someone would not want to get headaches every time they drink red wine.
Also it makes most reds taste better and brings back 3--5 day old opened wine.(not everyone in the world drinks a whole bottle at a time) The experts I referred to where wine people in the wine business of either restaurants, wine importers, wine writers or sales. People who are professionally in the wine business.
The double blind tastings have been over 90 % preferred the enhanced wine. You can read my web site and the testimony to see.
I never came to this site to sell anyone, just defend an uncalled for uneducated
(on this subject) post.
If you would like to ask serious questions about purchases you can email me I most likley will not not back though to respond to any more posts.
Robert Catania

[quote]Originally posted by foodie:
[b]I wonder if I'll ever get an answer to my questions.[/b][/quote]

[This message has been edited by Robert Catania (edited 10-14-2005).]

[This message has been edited by Robert Catania (edited 10-14-2005).]

- Thomas - 10-14-2005

Just in case you are still reading the posts, you have not answered my questions directly, and so I don't think I'd be spending my time well by emailing you, plus I don't know your email address.

I am glad, however, that you have solved what the medical profession has yet to solve: a definitive answer to the cause of red wine headaches.

[This message has been edited by foodie (edited 10-14-2005).]

- chittychattykathy - 10-19-2005

From an Enologist friend of mine...

"Kathy,
I feel that this product may not remove tannin from wine but is very effective in removing money from your checking account.

I have seen many items like this. This looks like the "fancy coaster" type which looks much more user/space friendly than the "Glass Pyramid" which "will" age wine rapidly.

My guess is that if this process really works that the "big money" would be selling an industrial grade version of the product to the WINERIES.

Jon

- Bucko - 10-19-2005

CCK, you hit the nail on the head. The money lies with the industry. If the "science" was there, it would be snapped up by the wineries pronto.

Cape Cod Times -- snicker.

Where are the studies by UC Davis, Cornell, etc.?

- Robert Catania - 10-29-2005

Actually we are in the process of approaching some wineries. The cost of a Cornel study is beyond my financial means at this time and means little in this type of science. Do you really think The Wine Spectator would have written the article if it did not work?
They put 12 wines on it and were baffled in the words of the writer to me. Marvin Shankin put together a group to blind test it before he would even do the article.
Ann Trieber who wrote the article for Cape Cod times is a wine writer and writes for several publications. There have been many blind tastings done by wine professionals with consistant results. It takes time for something like this to get fully accepted because it is so unusual in how it works. All I can tell you is it works and if you try it and do not agree send it back! 30 day money back. If you choose not that is your decision but please do not criticize my product on forums because you do not understand it nor have ever tried.
Rob Catania

[quote]Originally posted by Bucko:
[b]CCK, you hit the nail on the head. The money lies with the industry. If the "science" was there, it would be snapped up by the wineries pronto.

Cape Cod Times -- snicker.

Where are the studies by UC Davis, Cornell, etc.?[/b][/quote]

- Bucko - 10-29-2005

The cost of a Cornel study is beyond my financial means at this time and means little in this type of science.
This type of science? There is no science, only smoke and mirrors. Means little? No, it means your science would be exposed to the light of day.