WineBoard
questions about glenora plans - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Talk With Your Moderators (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: questions about glenora plans (/thread-20056.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

- glenora - 05-07-2004

Hello all

Have heard from all most everyone regarding travel plans etc.

Friday night--I have a private room set aside for everyone to gather in for wine tastings, conversation, etc. Have also made reservations for 12 for dinner at 7:30 PM.

All of this is flexible--if the group would like to go to another restaurant(s) on Friday evening that can be arranged as well. I thought once we all got together on Friday we can add more structure to our weekend plans. Not to worry there is lots to do, and lots of wine!!

Gene

- Kcwhippet - 05-07-2004

Gene,

Count Judy and me in for dinner Friday.

- Innkeeper - 05-07-2004

As well as Bev and moi (Carl). Incidentally we are bringing six different and somewhat diverse wines with us. Three are products of our small regional distributor, Easterly Wines of Belfast; and the other three are from the two winemakers in our county (Waldo) here in Maine. Two are stickies that Georgie and others will enjoy and the other four are red table wines.

- wondersofwine - 05-07-2004

I think staying around the Inn Friday evening would be great! I'll plan on dinner there and tastings.

- winoweenie - 05-07-2004

Sounds like a sound plan. WW

- Georgie - 05-10-2004

Dinner there is a great idea. We'll be kind of pooped from the drive and very happy to dine at the Inn.

- californiagirl - 05-12-2004

Dad- I mean KC- please don't forget the "care package" you said that you would put together for me and ship out from glenora. Thanks!!

KC asked me to post a reminder on this thread so that everyone going would remind him...

Thanks everyone and have an absolutely wonderful time! (Maybe I can make it next time, where ever that may be.) Don't forget to post pictures... looking forward to it!

Have fun!

- Kcwhippet - 05-13-2004

Don't think I'll be able to forget now.

I'm going to back out of the gougere bit. They really don't seem to last well past a few hours as I thought they might. The best thing would be to make them fresh, but with Foodie's knitchen out of commission that doesn't seem feasible.

- wondersofwine - 05-13-2004

We'll let you come anyway.

- Kcwhippet - 05-13-2004

Don't blame me. I wanted to make them fresh at Foodie's, but NO!!! He had to go and destroy his kitchen just in time for our visit. So it's not my fault. I AM bringing what I hope will prove to be a rather nice selection of wines and, of course, some really nice Mango Salsa made from californiagirl's wonderful recipe. So, it's Foodie's fault, not mine.

- Kcwhippet - 05-13-2004

Foodie, a question just came to mind. Do you have enough glasses to cover everyone on Sunday? Should we bring some? I realize this may reach you really late, but we're not leaving until tomorrow morning.