WineBoard
questions about glenora plans - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Talk With Your Moderators (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: questions about glenora plans (/thread-20056.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

- Thomas - 05-02-2004

IK, we have an outdoor outlet for that very thing, and it's even outside the house...

Beautiful here this weekend. My peach, plum and pear trees are flowering. Apples come later. The cherry tree I planted would have been flowering, had it survived. Figs are popping too.

Hope we don't get a weird cold snap now!

- dananne - 05-03-2004

Well, I put off the seemingly inevitable for so long, hoping to be able to line up my ducks, but it's just not going to happen. Between my wife's law firm litigation retreat, a hiking trip with my students, and a board meeting at my school, I'm just not going to be able to make the offline. I'm terribly disappointed to not be able to put faces to names and enjoy the company of all. Have fun in my absence, everyone, and I'm going to make it a point to make it the next time. Thanks, WW, for the offer to share space with me had I been able to make it up there -- if you're ever in Atlanta, you're welcome to share the nicest bottle of Cab in my cellar [img]http://wines.com/ubb2/smile.gif[/img]

Dan

- Kcwhippet - 05-04-2004

Looks like a "ten little Indians" bit we have going here.

Foodie, Re: the Gougere, I can make as large a batch as people will eat. After it's made, it can be kept on ice almost indefinitely, then reheated. I'll need to have someplace to keep it chilled till Sunday. Can that be done at Glenora, Gene? It's typically served with a sparkler, so a few of Glenora's and the Gougere might make a good starter at your place, Foodie.

Anyone have any further thoughts on the rest of the agenda? I liked Gene's suggestions back on 3/31. We can certainly do serious damage to a lot of the wines we're bringing at the Saturday dinner with the guest chefs/winemakers. Hope they have a lot of glasses at Veraisons.

Any dress code for all this? I'm in business casual at work, then jeans almost all the rest of the time.

- winoweenie - 05-04-2004

Dress Code? Unless the temps are in the 50s' I ALLAS' wear shorts. My other code is Jogging Suits. WW

- Georgie - 05-04-2004

Ooh, and I can't wait to check out those knees!

- chittychattykathy - 05-04-2004

Well, now you've caught my interest...
WW in shorts!
Wish I was coming, I'm going to need to see many photos from this trip, hope someone sets up a photo page on the net.

- glenora - 05-04-2004

Hi all

We are getting ready to put together some of the final details (all of which can be changed by the group at any time)for the weekend.

It would be very helpful to know when everyone is arriving and leaving.

At this point we are planning an informal get together (private room)at Glenora on Friday evening. Tour wineries on Seneca on Saturday--perhaps with lunch and a private tasting (including the wines that we bring) in the barrel room at Fox Run.

Chef Art plans a special dinner for us on Saturday evening--again serving wines that are being brought by the group.

Sunday finds us on Keuka with a visit to Dr. Frank if you wish--or if you are into history a tour of the cellars at Pleasant Valley--then "THE EVENT" at Foodies

Again I would appreciate it if everyoine could let me know when you are arriving--either on the board, or e-mail me at gene@glenora.com

Looking forward to seeing everyone in Finger Lakes Wine Country.

Gene

- winoweenie - 05-04-2004

Foodie and I will be there Thurs Nite. WW

- Innkeeper - 05-04-2004

We will arrive shortly after three pee em on Friday the 14th.

- Kcwhippet - 05-04-2004

We should be there between 1 and 3 on Friday and leaving sometime Monday morning.

- Georgie - 05-05-2004

We'll probably arrive late Friday afternoon.
Thanks, Gene.

- Thomas - 05-05-2004

Gene, what ww means is that I will be dropping him off late Thursday night, provided his plane is not delayed by an East Coast snow storm in May...

I, on the other hand, have my own room on Keuka...

So Gene, are you joining us at my place? How about your lovely wife?

Oh, and tell chef Art that I am looking forward to seeing him again--or rather, eating his food again.

KC, we'll make it work somehow. From what I remember there are fridges in the rooms at Glenora, at least in the one I stayed at once.

- newsguy - 05-05-2004

hi all,

the situation at work could mean a promotion for me, but it means i need to be here next weekend. so in the long run it could be good, but right now it's just a pain.

believe me, i will be thinking about all of you next weekend. somebody better be taking good notes to provide a lengthy report on the festivities -- and tasting notes!

GENE: i've been out of town on a long weekend and haven't canceled my reservations at the inn. have a room booked thursday through sunday night for keith st. clair. can u cancel that for me or should i just call?

[This message has been edited by newsguy (edited 05-05-2004).]

- wondersofwine - 05-05-2004

I will be arriving probably late afternoon Friday and leaving Monday morning. Reservation under name of Jane Crabill.

- Kcwhippet - 05-05-2004

Gene,

A little off the subject, but what are the chances of getting a few vine cuttings I could root or T-bud back home?

- glenora - 05-06-2004

KC

I am sure we can find some cuttings--even if we have to visit Herman Wiemers nursery, it is just down the road. Herman also has plenty of dormant plants (all vinifera, I believe) that you could take back and plant.

Gene

- Kcwhippet - 05-06-2004

Gene,

Those dormant plants at Hermann's may be the way to go, since I assume he grafts them onto resistant rootstock. Great suggestion - thanks. I think I'd like to pick up a few.

- mrdutton - 05-06-2004

Sure wish the wife and I could attend. But other matters keep us here at home in Virginia Beach.

I hope all of you have a wonderful time!

- Innkeeper - 05-07-2004

Bev took a call from the inn yesterday afternoon saying we need a reservation if we want to eat there Friday night. Is everybody doing this, and if so, at what time?

- Kcwhippet - 05-07-2004

I thought Gene said we were getting together in a private room at Glenora Friday evening. Was that not for dinner? If not, we better get our Rservations in, too.