WineBoard
questions about glenora plans - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Talk With Your Moderators (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: questions about glenora plans (/thread-20056.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

- Thomas - 04-21-2004

None will believe how well local wines will pair with either smoked salmon or smoked hen.

newsguy--the sound of a hen (while in the smoker) is sssssssssssssssssizzle.

But I shall have had the smoking accomplished by the time any of youse guys arrive, so the hens will be quite silent!

- Kcwhippet - 04-22-2004

CG, Apparently you'd be surprised at the range of foods a PN will pair with, especially the new Central Coast ones.

- Georgie - 04-22-2004

Count us in for two on Sunday. I'm bringing my sister with me. Foodie, when you get an approximate head count let me know, OK? I'll do desserts...they'll be simple things that need no refrigeration.

- Kcwhippet - 04-22-2004

I guess Baked Alaska is out then, Georgie. Foodie, will you be able to reheat anything in an oven? I can make up a big batch of Gougere ahead of time and they would just need to be reheated.

- Thomas - 04-22-2004

KC, I will have a table top convection oven. How big a batch? How much space would it need?

Georgie, counting who responded on this thread, and IK who has not, I have 9 people so far.

My wife has threatened to leave me alone that weekend, as punishment for inviting a crowd to see our up-ended home, with kitchen items stashed throughout the other rooms. I plead just plain dumb!

- Georgie - 04-22-2004

Foodie, you're lucky she hasn't threatened to leave you forever! Please remind her that after "tasting" all this wine that's coming nobody will even notice that the kitchen is torn up! Not to mention that we are all just overwhelmed by your gracious hospitality!

- winoweenie - 04-24-2004

I be back. Had a killer time and may have actually paid for the Lakes trip. Sounds like all the plans are coming together.WW

- wondersofwine - 04-26-2004

I've got my plane reservations and rental car now. Salmon sounds delicious and I would love to have it with Loring or other Pinot Noir (but also fully intend to try some Finger Lakes Rieslings). Maybe we can crack open some of the other bottles Friday or Saturday evening at Glenora Inn.

- newsguy - 04-26-2004

WOW,

we'll need to crack open quite a few bottles on friday and saturday evenings to make a dent in the inventory we'll be bringing as a group. i also hope wherever we have dinners those nights will let us bring our own bottles for modest -- or better yet no [img]http://wines.com/ubb2/wink.gif[/img] -- corkage. i also plan on trying qiote a few of the local wines. figure we'll doing plenty of that during the day friday and saturday.

[This message has been edited by newsguy (edited 04-26-2004).]

- winoweenie - 04-26-2004

I'm sure Gene and Foodie will point us to the better restaurants that allow corkage. How about you Dananne? The offer still stands. WW

- Innkeeper - 04-27-2004

Hi all; we just returned from a ten day roadtrip to Paducah, KY where Mother dragged me to the annual show of the American Quilting Society. Some people will do anything for love. More details on that later.

Both of our vehicles are on their last legs. We are seriously considering trading both of them in on something like a Ford Escape or another vehicle of that size. So, depending on where we stand vehiclewize, we may be able to bring our smoker with us.

- Kcwhippet - 04-27-2004

Hey, IK, why not go all the way to the Expedition? Think of all the wine you could fit in!

- chittychattykathy - 04-27-2004

I want to hear more about the quilting!
[img]http://wines.com/ubb2/wink.gif[/img]
That IS love.
CCK

- dananne - 04-28-2004

WW -- Thanks! Still trying to get my ducks in a row, but will know something definitive by Fri.

- Georgie - 04-28-2004

Gee, I haven't heard the name Paducah since my brother attended Murray State a hundred years ago. That's a long ride, isn't it!

- newsguy - 04-29-2004

as much as i hate to have to say this, something has come up at my work and i won't be able to make it up to glenora. it's a major disappointment for me because i was really looking forward to meeting you folks from the board. hopefuly, we'll do something like this again soon. maybe in NoCal wine country next time?

i'll be canceling my reservations at this inn (thursday through sunday nights) if anyone is still looking for a room.

- Georgie - 04-29-2004

Oh, that's a shame. I hope we'll do this again sometime.

- winoweenie - 04-30-2004

What a bummer. Hope it's nothing disasterous. Sorry about not having you with us. Tell "Doc" Hi. WW

- Innkeeper - 04-30-2004

We traded both of our old vehicles in today for a brand new 2004 Toyota Highlander. It is a mid-size SUV built on a Corolla chassis.
It's beautiful (metallic green). So, we can bring the smoker to Foodie's provided he has an outlet we can plug it into.

- hotwine - 04-30-2004

Congrats, IK, I've read good things about that vehicle. Don't think you'll be disappointed.