WineBoard
questions about glenora plans - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Talk With Your Moderators (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: questions about glenora plans (/thread-20056.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

- Thomas - 04-05-2004

Seems there will be enough vehicles for the group to get around. gene, talk to Prejean, Fox Run, Anthony Road, et al, for a Seneca Lake tour.

I will see what can be doen for a Keuka Lake tour.

As for wine, I have two or three 1.5 liter bottles given me over the years by appreciative distributors. What can I do with them???

Of course, for the picnic, I want to have the food I think that will pair with local wines.

- winoweenie - 04-05-2004

Looks like maybe we'll be short-ended on breakfast wine. Knew I shoulda' sent another case. WW;0

- Kcwhippet - 04-05-2004

So, what wine is the Breakfast of Champions, WW?

- Thomas - 04-06-2004

He won't admit it, but breakfast wine is always white...if it isn't beer...

- winoweenie - 04-06-2004

And it has bubbles.ww [img]http://wines.com/ubb2/wink.gif[/img]

- Kcwhippet - 04-06-2004

If bubbles are part of the package, Glenora has a few nice sparklers.

- Georgie - 04-06-2004

I'm coming by car,too. The back seat is available. and Wonders...I'm facing foot surgery, too. I have an appointment with a surgeon today as a matter of fact. So I might be very content to hang out with you when the walking gets to my tootsies.

- Kcwhippet - 04-06-2004

From looking at this topic, it appears we'll have quite a group from all over. Here's who I count here:

newsguy
winoweenie
foodie
wondersofwine
Kcwhippet
Georgie
winedope
Innkeeper
and of course, Glenora

I thought hotwine was going to be there, too, but I don't think I've seen him here lately. Does this look like everyone?

- hotwine - 04-06-2004

I'm still here, but won't be able to attend the off-line due to daughter's nuptials scheduled for 30 May. If planning was proceeding smoothly, we might have made it; but she and her intended live 3 hours away, and even with the help of a prof. "wedding planner", it's proving a challenge to get it all together for the ceremoney in downtown San Antonio. (We were planning on flying her former youth minister down from her new church in Wyoming to do the honors, but even that tanked a few days ago, when the rev. cancelled out due to problems in her church.) I've scrubbed reservations at Glenora (sniff).

Y'all have fun now, y' hear?

- Kcwhippet - 04-06-2004

We'll miss you, hotsy. Best wishes to the happy couple and good luck with the arrangements.

- Innkeeper - 04-06-2004

I thought there were some good vibes from tandkvd, Dananne, and Glass-a-day along the way too. Hope they can make it.

- Jackie - 04-06-2004

Man, I am getting nervous about my ability to attend our 1st WineBoard conference (or whatever we are calling it).

I am still having nurses come in every other day to change dressings from my surgeries (October and December). I don't think I can bribe my nurse to come with me....

Unless all is healed by then, it looks like I may have to cancel. This would be SO DISAPPOINTING. I am looking forward to meeting you all.

Well, I will keep you posted. I have a room reserved. If someone else needs it, let me know.

Jackie

- hotwine - 04-06-2004

Thanks, KC. We'll work it out.

Wife would shoot me, but maybe I can yet talk 'em into a trip to Vegas.... Would likely cost a whole lot less, too....

- tandkvd - 04-06-2004

Sorry, I wont be able to make it. My wifes school has end of grade test that week.
And we are going to the outerbanks for vacation June 5. We are taking the whole family and have rented a house for the week. We are saving money for that.
So once again dear oll dad gets over ruled.

I hope all have a great time.

And WOW, why not take one of NC's finest. Maby Shelton Merlot. Not as good as WW's Calif. Juice but would be nice to compare. Just a thought.

- hotwine - 04-06-2004

Jackie, sorry to hear that the healing process is going so slow. Best wishes for a full recovery.

- Thomas - 04-06-2004

Jackie, I didn't know you had signed up for a room--didn't even know you had planned to come. Sorry you can't. Maybe things will change.

Also, I thought shortwiner was coming. Also, also, anyone heard from auburnwine lately?

- winedope1 - 04-06-2004

hey all. What is it with the bad luck health fairy?? Just got out of the hospital with a collapse lung and am home recovering. As soon as it's possible, will be back in the hospital for surgery! I just had to cancel my reservations and I am sorely disappointed. I was really looking forward to putting some faces to all the names I have come to know and enjoy. I hope that everyone else dealing with this stuff has a speedy recovery and that you all have a great time at the offline. Take lots of pictures to post!! I'll miss you all. WD

- Georgie - 04-07-2004

Oh, that's too bad...I'm really sorry to hear that you're unable to come. What surgery are you having? I had my lower left lobe removed in 1981 if you want to compare thoracotomy scars! God be with you!

[This message has been edited by Georgie (edited 04-07-2004).]

- winedope1 - 04-07-2004

thanks, Georgie. Unrelated abdominal surgery, so add another reason to the no bikini list! WD

[This message has been edited by winedope1 (edited 04-07-2004).]

- dananne - 04-07-2004

At this point, it's going to come down to a last minute decision, even if that means I sleep in the rental car [img]http://wines.com/ubb2/smile.gif[/img]

I get back from my end-of-year class hiking/camping trip to Cumberland Island, GA that Wed., and Anne leaves for her law firm's litigation retreat the following Sunday p.m./Monday a.m. (she hasn't booked her ticket yet). Tough to squeeze this in, though I still hold a sliver of hope that at least I'll be able to come, since Anne is almost certainly a no-go. I'll keep you all posted on things. I sure want to go, especially after reading about all the wines everyone is bringing!