WineBoard
questions about glenora plans - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Talk With Your Moderators (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: questions about glenora plans (/thread-20056.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

- Thomas - 01-16-2004

When should I send up the dolls???

- Kcwhippet - 03-29-2004

Just a bump up on this one. Not having heard much else, it appears the majority will arrive sometime Friday and depart either late Sunday or sometime Monday. That seems to leave Friday evening, all day Saturday and Sunday morning for the bulk of the festivities. So, have there been any firmer plans made by anyone as to what will transpire during that period? Is Gene involved in arranging anything? With the possible exception of the bit at Foodie's, will everything else be on site at Glenora? Wassup?

- Thomas - 03-29-2004

Good question: Gene? Gene? Where are you?

- winoweenie - 03-29-2004

How many have booked rooms Gene? WW

- glenora - 03-31-2004

Hello

As of this afternoon we have 6 rooms booked. Not sure if others are planning on attending and may be staying at other locations. Perhaps all attending can "sign" in!

WW has called to say that he is sending wines in the next few days--fun times at Glenora [img]http://wines.com/ubb2/biggrin.gif[/img]

If those attending can give us some idea(s) of what you would like to see/have happen during the retreat (wine dinner, visit wineries, tastings, etc) we can develop an agenda for the weekend.

For discussion to start:

Informal gathering/dinner on Friday evening

Saturday

Champagne (sparkling wine) brunch Sat AM
Visit wineries
Lunch at Fox Run/Red Newt/Wager (all wineries with restaurants)
Dinner at Glenora (Veraisons)with invited guest chefs and winemakers

Sunday--Keuka Lake (Foodies) picnic/lunch

Let us know--perhaps we should form a committee

- winoweenie - 03-31-2004

Sounds like a potential party. WW

- Thomas - 03-31-2004

Remember, we need a weather contingency for Sunday. I will have a half-renovated kitchen and no indoor cooking facilities.

- winoweenie - 04-01-2004

Sounds like maybe a wet party!WW

- winoweenie - 04-02-2004

Gene I think we have a window today!!!! Supposed to be in the low 70s. The juice will fly bye-bye if thats' the case. I'll call and confirm.WW

- Thomas - 04-02-2004

Send it quick ww, snow in this weekend's Finger Lakes forecast--it'll preserve the wine...

- Georgie - 04-02-2004

I like the sound of those plans, Gene! Looking forward to this trip!

- Kcwhippet - 04-02-2004

Sounds like a good agenda, Gene. When do we drink all the wines we're bringing? BTW, if I didn't mention it before, I'm also bringing a few bottles of 1987 Guigal Hermitage.

- winoweenie - 04-02-2004

Gene and Guys....The Eagle has flown or whatever the term be. The case should be in your hands by Thus or Friday next weekly. I'll call tomorrow. WW

- glenora - 04-05-2004

WW

Got you telephone message. We will keep an eye out for the "eagle" and let you know when it lands.

KC

Not sure when we are going to find time to try all of the wines that I understand are coming this way, and we have a few as well.

Foodie

Since this event is your backyard as well how about a few thoughts on the ageneda/timeline for the weekend.

All

Spring (what there was of it) left us last evening. Four inches of snow and 19 degrees this AM--there will not (we hope) be an early bud break this year.

Gene

- Thomas - 04-05-2004

Perhaps, Gene, you can get some of the wineries to make a presentation to the group at Glenora or at the individual wineries, although I don't know how the group would get around unless there is going to be a vehicle or two available.

I will have to spend some time putting together a smoked food picnic, provided it isn't 19 degrees in May!

Just started the ceiling in the kitchen--my wife and I are saving money by doing the work ourselves. By doing so, we might not, however, save the marriage...

[This message has been edited by foodie (edited 04-05-2004).]

- winoweenie - 04-05-2004

You believed that propaganda the character on " This Old House " put out? WW [img]http://wines.com/ubb2/wink.gif[/img]

- Kcwhippet - 04-05-2004

As for all the additional stuff we're all bringing - perhaps we can just sit around in the evening and sip.

We're driving up, so we'll have room for another two people in the car to ferry around, if need be.

- wondersofwine - 04-05-2004

I'll have a rental car. However, I am having foot problems, (surgery on right foot tentatively scheduled for second week in June), so I can't do too much walking around vineyards. One would probably be plenty. I am good at entertaining myself though with a comfortable chair, a book, and a glass of wine, if others are out touring the grapevines or winemaking facilities.

- Innkeeper - 04-05-2004

We will have room for two in the back seat of our Jetta. Planning on bringing three wines from local (!) producers, and three imports from our small regional distributors.

- wondersofwine - 04-05-2004

I plan to bring two bottles of a good red Burgundy, one Zinfandel, and one German Riesling Auslese--just not sure yet which Auslese--I have about three from which to choose.