WineBoard
Sorry I haven't posted much in the past many weeks! - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Talk With Your Moderators (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Sorry I haven't posted much in the past many weeks! (/thread-20002.html)

- Drew - 03-02-2002

The computer virus I received via attachment (SirCam 32 virus) has almost destroyed the hard drive. I have located a computer guru that has been making headway on retrieving my work files but it's a slow process. Don't do like I did opening an email with an attachment from a friend without scanning with UPDATED anti-virus software!
My 76 year old Dad is also suffering with lung cancer and has successfully completed chemo and radiation but....he was over radiated and is now hospitalized with the Pneumonia like conditions of radiation burn to both lungs. These have been the toughest days of my life...AND to make matters worse, my District has been the site of some of the worst violence and crime in years SOOOO, I'm working my arse off. I did manage to attend a wonderful wine tasting, 256 wines offered, sponsored by my fav. wine store. It was a very well put together event with everything from value to prized collectable wines. I have many notes and will post as soon as I'm able. BTW, my postings are from my work computer so there's no danger of spreading any bug or such and I can access my email remote from my home computer. Thinking of you all often, will hopefully be up to stride soon.

Drew

- winoweenie - 03-02-2002

Missed you Bub! My viruses are kinda common thugs that are easily erased. Hope all comes out. Don't think I have my new E-mail thingie done yet. Your computer-illiterate weener. WW

- Thomas - 03-02-2002

Hang in Drew, it's a bad time but these things come in cycles and do change--ultimately.

- Bucko - 03-03-2002

Best to your dad. My main computer went belly up dead. Thank God I back up to a zip drive. I'm on the laptop now....

- hotwine - 03-03-2002

Wow! Hang tough, Drew.
My 'puter has been brain-fartin', too, but it's been minor in comparison. Just nuisance stuff, like lost files, dead modems and such. Must be the phase of the moon.

- wondersofwine - 03-06-2002

Sorry about the computer virus and the crime surge but especially sorry about your father. Hope he is getting stronger. We've had three recent burglaries in my neighborhood--two involving sexual assaults! Makes me wary of taking out garbage at night!

- winedope - 03-06-2002

Drew, thinking of you on all fronts!! been through the computer thing and took my father through a long term hospital/home illness. hang in there!!! WD

- zenda2 - 03-12-2002

Good luck, Drew. I'm sending mondo good vibes your way, and when things settle down again...may you find a sizable cache of '97 Rancho Zabaco Zin for $5 a bottle.

- Drew - 03-19-2002

Thank you all very much for the kind words and thoughts. Dad passed away on 3/13 after a good battle with lung cancer and the effects of radiation burn to his lungs. Following cremation, a wonderful memorial service was held yesterday with standing room only in the church. It was an emotional but uplifting event which has had a life altering effect on me and my family. Love your families and tell them often....I'm glad I did.

Drew

- winoweenie - 03-19-2002

My very deepest and best to you and your family. WW

- wondersofwine - 03-19-2002

May you find some solace in your memories and faith.

- hotwine - 03-19-2002

Our deepest sympathies, Drew. I lost my dad to prostate cancer 20 years ago, and still regard him as the best friend I've ever had.

- Innkeeper - 03-19-2002

Sorry to hear about your dad Drew. We will keep him in our prayers. I'm sure he's smiling down on all of us.

- winedope - 03-19-2002

dear Drew-
very sorry for your loss. as I said, took my own dad througha similar illness, and you are right. love the family well ,and they live on in your memories. Best thoughts to you and your family. WD

- Bucko - 03-19-2002

Carole and I add our best wishes along with all of the others in the group.

Bucko

- Jackie - 03-21-2002

Dear Drew,

I'm so very sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Jackie