WineBoard
Anyone every order from NapaWineCo.com - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: For the Novice (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Anyone every order from NapaWineCo.com (/thread-18139.html)

- TheEngineer - 09-07-2005

I was wondering if anyone has every ordered anything from Napawineco.com They seem to be a crush company with facilities being used by a number of wineries. I would not mind trying some of these wineries (such as Michael Pozzan) and by default (since they are cheaper) also some of the NapaWineCo wines. Specifically I am doing this to host a party at a friend's house (in CA) and need some relatively good and inexpensive wines. (Jerry Mead once spoke well of Michael Pozzan's wines).

- Kcwhippet - 09-07-2005

Eng,

Never ordered anything from Napa Wine Company, but if you want to try the Michael Pozzan before you go out, we have some. We carry the Annabella Cab ($14.99) and the Pinot Noir ($15.99).

Sorry about the shameless plug, folks.

Thanks KC! I'll drop by. Have you tried that wine yourself?

Mike

- Kcwhippet - 09-07-2005

Haven't tried them yet. Way too many wines here, besides the ones I get from elsewhere. I'll try them soon.

- californiagirl - 09-07-2005

Eng- I only tried their Zin, and didn't care for it. Sorry, can't recall specificly why b/c it was about 2 years ago.

Have you considered Bogle Winery and Michael David Winery? They both have wines in the $10-$15 price range, and are usually quite "faithful". Michael David makes 7 Deadly Zins, one of my favorites. Also, doesn't Castle Rock fall into this category?

Your right, I forgot about those. Not sure why I ended up on their site one night....duh....must have because I searched Napa Wines... Tongue

Thanks again!

- Kcwhippet - 09-09-2005

Had the 2000 Pozzan Annabella CS last night. A very pleasant despite the vintage - nice fruit and tannins. A good wine for the price.

- TheEngineer - 09-09-2005

KC,

Thanks for that! Real appreciated you looking into it!

- wondersofwine - 09-09-2005

KC, it amazes me what all your store carries. How many different producers do you think are in the inventory?

- Kcwhippet - 09-10-2005

If you mean wine, I'm not sure, but there must be at least 500 to 600 different producers, probably more. It's a big store. There are more than 100 single malt Scotchs, maybe about 30 or more tequilas, about that many rums - all from different producers.

- jmcginley1 - 09-14-2005

KC - have you taken the time to try any of the pricier Tequilas? A good friend of mine recently made me try some $50+ Tequilias and I can't believe how silky, complex, ellegant and wonderful they can be. I guess I was jaded by my Jose Quervo drinking as a teen.

- Kcwhippet - 09-15-2005

I've tasted maybe a dozen of the high end ones and they are easily on a par as a good sipping spirit as many single malts. One of our distributors told me, and the manager verified, that if it doesn't say 100% agave (as Jose Cuervo doesn't), then it's only required to be 51%. The rest is usually cane spirit (cheap vodka-like stuff that's so substandard it can't be called rum).

BTW, the single malt lineup Scotch is now over 160. Quickly scanned the stock listings and there are a bit over 600 different wine producers.