WineBoard
2001 tiziano chianti - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: For the Novice (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: 2001 tiziano chianti (/thread-16507.html)

- newtoowine - 02-24-2006

I have a bottle for tonite, I am kinda tied up and I have been reading too much to remember so can someone give me the cliff note version of this. Is this a chianti, or a sangiovese are they one in the same. I'm really confused. Suggestions on decanting
Thanks in advance.

- Innkeeper - 02-24-2006

Sangiovese is the grape that is the principal grape in the wine Chianti. If it is not a Chianti Classico, it is what I call a plain ole Chianti which comes from a much broader appellation (area). It is high in acid, and thus goes much better with food than quaffing.

Thanks IK Change of plans I will be taking this too a friends, we are all novices, does this need decanting or will it be okay from the bottle

- Kcwhippet - 02-24-2006

This should be fine right out of the bottle. Enjoy.

Thanks again, This has to be one of the best forums especially for newbies,Hope at some time I can add something to help

- brappy - 02-25-2006

Tell us what you think of the wine.....

- newtoowine - 02-25-2006

I decided to pass on the Chianti at the last minute based on the suggestion that it would be better with food. Went with a barnard griffin merlot instead. I will probably try the chianti with dinner on sunday

- newtoowine - 02-27-2006

Here goes first try at this. Decanted 45 minutes first glass prior to dinner. Purple hue with hints of brown on the edge.clean aroma , berry, mint, hint of menthol. taste berry mint menthol a cooling sensation, finsh not strong or long but very clean feeling reminds me of fresh shower scents and feel. see what happens with food so far enjoable

- Thomas - 02-27-2006

Hey, are you drinking the shampoo???

All that mint makes me think the wine is light bodied. Is it?

With dinner the mint lessened the berry seemed to come out more. I guess the mint sensation was why it was suggested to drink with food. Overall for me nothing really stood out I guess it's okay for a midweek with dinner. If anybody has tried this and could add to it , it might help me still not sure exactly what I'm tasting.

Yes Foodie for what I no which isn't much this is light bodied.

- Innkeeper - 02-27-2006

Try a Chianti Classico next time; such as the one from Cecchi which usually runs in the $10 range.

- Thomas - 02-27-2006

newtoonie, that Merlot was likely inferior quality.

Sorry for not clarifying, I was referring to the Chianti i had tonite. The merlot I had was very good. My note taking is not very good yet. The chianti was not bad, it was just boring I guess.I will try the classico next time

[This message has been edited by newtoowine (edited 02-27-2006).]