WineBoard
Small Wine Cooler - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: For the Novice (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Small Wine Cooler (/thread-16491.html)

- vintcup - 12-22-2005

I have a small six bottle thermo electric cooler and and am looking for another of about the same size. Any recommendations? My bottles rotate pretty often so I am not looking for a high end unit.

Thanks All

- barnesy - 12-24-2005

I have a 24 bottle Vinotemp that I love. I keep it overloaded and it keeps rock solid temp and seals a good level of humidity into it. You can usually find it around $200 bucks. Plus its super quiet and nice looking. Great small unit.

Barnesy

- Monker2001 - 12-28-2005

I am not sure if you near a Walmart, but believe it or not I just purchased a 6 bottle cooler for $65.00.

- Monker2001 - 12-28-2005

I'm sorry it is an 8 bottle cooler.

- andypandy - 12-29-2005

Unfortunately, who ISN'T near a Wal-Mart? You can get cheap stuff there, but it's really not worth the damage you do to society by shopping there and supporting the monolith...

- winoweenie - 12-29-2005

Gracious sakes there AP you give the distinct impression of anti-competition. All of my friends in Salt Lake are independent retailors who are inventive enough to thumb their collective noses at the Big Box operators and in the interim become very wealthy merchants. The only retailors that are hurt by the big boxers are the ones who haven't the dedication or imagination to see that if you can't compete on service and personal attention alone you'll get overwhelmed by price. I personally would rather give my business to a personable, careing, and dedicated individual than to the Bentonville, Ark. monster. But if the individual doesn't have the insight and drive to overcome the price-point, I suggest it's his/her shortcoming. WW

- andypandy - 12-30-2005

I won't pull punches, I'm not a Wal-Mart fan. But that's not really the purpose of this board, so I'll avoid really launching into a political discussion about price-undercutting and starve-out techniques. I'm glad your retailer friends here locally are doing well. I am also an optimist and also believe that we can overcome the commie forces by independent retailers offering good service, products, and good business practice...so no I don't believe that all is lost and that we've been whitewashed yet. You have retailer friends in salt lake? Not wine retailers, we've only got the state stores here...

- hotwine - 12-30-2005

"...commie forces...."? A company that provides products to consumers that they want, at prices they are willing to pay, is a "commie force"? Sounds like a well-run business to me.

The only "commie forces" on the horizon are the labor unions that are trying to muscle their way into a business where they'e not wanted.

- winoweenie - 12-30-2005

AP it's obvious you haven't read the bios so I'll outline mine for you. I'm in carpet manfacturing in Georgia and have sold most of the major distributors in Salt Lake for the last 30 years. ( Cal Hughes of Hughes western Sales is like family). Don't quite understand the "commie influence ' statement as our whole economy is based on the survival of the fittest, smartest, brainest, and hardest working. If you know anything about the origins of Sam Walton you surely can't equate communist culture with this extremely smart visionary retailor. He is the epitiome of the American dream. Do you have any idea where the devil Bentonville, Ark is? I do because I went there as a guest of a close friend in 1975 at the country club. Shawnee. Okla CC has a nicer clubhouse and probably 80% of the public courses in America have better courses. In other words, I can't express the admiration I have for this retailor, BUT, IF I WERE IN BUSINESS AS AN INDEPENDENT I'D PRAY FOR A WAL-MART ACROSS THE STREET. All of the successful carpet retailor I'm familiar with love them as competition. COMMUNIST INDEED!!!!!!! Shame on you. WW

- andypandy - 12-31-2005

I guess I should be careful with my choice of words...sometimes tone of voice doesn't come across in writing. Everything I write has a tinge of sarcastic humor to it. "Commie forces" was meant a bit tongue in cheek, since, in my own head anyway, I was writing a bit over the top. No, in reality Wal-Mart is the anti-communist. It's just an extreme form of capitalism. They have very low prices that the consumer wants and create value through one-stop convenience, but I do believe our communities will pay a greater price for them down the road. I miss the experience of having a local butcher/shoemaker/baker who knows me by first name and knows that when I come in on Thursday morning I'm going to order a loaf of rye and a cherry muffin (for the road). I experienced this while living in Germany. Sorry...I'll have to look for the bios page. I've never looked at it before. Does Wal-Mart sell carpet now too?

EDIT:
found your bio...hehe...broads...

[This message has been edited by andypandy (edited 12-31-2005).]

- googlefish - 01-02-2006

Brand New GE Monogram Wine Cooler

Won in a contest but don't have use for it right now

http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-GE-Monogram-WINE-COOLER_W0QQitemZ7578033299QQcategoryZ71264QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem