WineBoard
NAPPA VALLEY - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: RESOURCES AND OTHER STUFF (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-300.html)
+--- Forum: Collectibles/Auction News (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: NAPPA VALLEY (/thread-1639.html)

- DEE996 - 03-10-2004

WHAT WOULD 1 DOUBLE MAGNUM OF 1991 Opus one Napa valley GO FOR?

[This message has been edited by DEE996 (edited 03-11-2004).]

- Bucko - 03-10-2004

Anyone know where Nappa Valley is? Anyone know how to get Nappa Valley in a bottle?

- Kcwhippet - 03-10-2004

As Bucko alludes to, Napa (not Nappa) is indeed a valley and there are at least 220 wineries contained therein. So, a bottle of wine that comes from Napa Valley was probably made from one of those wineries. What else does it say on the bottle?

- thewoodman - 03-11-2004

I would guess it was also made of some variety of grape or some blend thereof. Why is it the most uninformed questioners always type in caps?

- DEE996 - 03-11-2004

You guys need a life. My brothe died over seven years ago and I'm trying to sell his wine collection for my father.

- Drew - 03-11-2004

And I would say you need a sense of humor, Dee, this board is all about good fun...chill out.

Drew

- winoweenie - 03-11-2004

Hi Dee and welcome to the board. Believe me, most of us on this board have pretty solid lifestyles. What we're trying to find out is what wines you need help on. Go back on this thread for 100 days and you can see the information you need to post for us to give you that help. Have a nice day. WW

- Kcwhippet - 03-11-2004

DEE, We have a life and we're really trying to help you with yours. There is no such wine called NAPPA VALLEY. As I said, there are over 220 wineries (per the Napa Valley Vintners Association member list) in the Napa Valley, so chances are that one of them made the wine you have. We can't help you determine the value, or drinkability, of your 3 liter bottle if we don't know which specific winery produced it. Also, it's very important to know exactly how that bottle has been stored. If it's been standing up down in your (or your father's) furnace room for the past seven plus years, for example, it's worth absolutely nothing. So, which specific winery is listed on the label, and how has the wine been stored? Two things you'll find about this board, Dee, is that it's populated by some very nice people who know an awful lot about wine, and that this is not a staid, stuffy "wine snob" assembly as are some other wine boards.

- Tastevin - 03-11-2004

Woodman, I don't know the answer to your question. What is it please? T

- DEE996 - 03-11-2004

Ok guys I'll try this again
What would a good price be for Opus One
Napa Valley 1991 double magnum

- winoweenie - 03-11-2004

Okie-Dokie there Dee. Good info in....Good info out. A 3 Litre bottle will RETAIL for between 995 and 1000...AGAIN depending on the provenance of the bottle. WW

- Kcwhippet - 03-11-2004

Again - provenance is how the bottle's been stored since you've had it - very important. That was a very good year for that wine, and with a 3 liter bottle, it could still have five or more years before it reaches its peak.

- DEE996 - 03-16-2004

THANKS FOR THE INFO. IT WILL HELP