WineBoard
Snail's pace.... - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Welcome (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-1.html)
+--- Thread: Snail's pace.... (/thread-15637.html)

- winecollector - 06-30-2000

For about the past week or longer, it's been taking an extremely long time for the pages to download to my computer. I don't think it's my internet provider, since it's only happing on this site. Anyone else experiencing this? Is there a problem in the programing or with the site's provider?

- Wallace - 07-02-2000

Seems to be trucking along as usual for me.

- Wallace - 07-02-2000

Oops, take that back, it's acting like it just threw a rod and 8 out the 16 are flat. Unfortunately Jackie is in Europe for another couple weeks so unless it fixes itself we'll have to live with it.

[This message has been edited by Wallace (edited 07-02-2000).]

- Jackie - 07-05-2000

Greetings from Dublin! I'm sitting here in an Internet cafe, just checking in. Actually, I was surprised at how fast the response time is...even from this distance.

I will be returning next week and put the site to a good torture test but from here everything appears to be fine.

Cheers!
Jackie

- winecollector - 07-11-2000

Still having moocho problemo's trying to download pages off the site. Every now and then, it will download normal, usually with shorter pages. But most of the time, it takes several minutes to get only part of a page downloaded, and then I have to keep trying the refresh button to open up the rest of a page. I don't know if there is any relation, but it seems like this problem started around the time you guys made some changes to the main wineboard page, or shortly thereafter. I usually can't even open up the entire main menu page for the wineboard. It downloads so much of it, and the stops. I usually have to access the topics at the bottom of the main menu page through the back door, the "go to" button.

If you would be so kind, please e-mail me when you've figured out what the problem is. It's becoming too difficult to get on here. Thanks

- Jackie - 07-13-2000

I'm back from Dublin. Had a great time. Sorry to leave you guys on your own for awhile. The speed problem you're reporting is not visible to me. I'm getting a fairly quick response.

Is this ONLY happening with this site? Is it happening at all times of day/night? I'm wondering if it is network traffic causing the slowdown.

Anyone else still having this problem?

Jackie

- winecollector - 07-14-2000

It's been working fine yesterday & today. Middle of the afternoon and evenings were when I think I was having the most trouble downloading. Also Sunday mornings too. I'll let you know if anything changes. Thanks!

- Thomas - 07-17-2000

Jackie, yes I have an intermittent problem that just occurred again. Sometimes the Novice forum refuses to load. Goes through the motions and then gives me a heading and a blank screen. Only the Novice forum.

- Jackie - 07-17-2000

Hi Foodie,

Thanks for the heads up. The Novice's forum has grown quite large, so I suspect that its' sheer size is causing difficulty intermittently.

I could archive some of the history of this folder, i.e. the first six months of topics. This will cut its size considerably and should eliminate any problems in loading.

The archived topics will still be searchable through the search tool, and can still be read.

What do you think?

Jackie