WineBoard
light bulbs gone - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Welcome (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-1.html)
+--- Thread: light bulbs gone (/thread-15539.html)

- Thomas - 01-03-2000

Jackie, I am no longer getting light bulbs and highlights on the icons to signify new postings.

Is this our Y2K failure?

- Thomas - 01-03-2000

Jackie two: so right after I posted above, and I returned to the main board, every category was lit up!

- Thomas - 01-03-2000

Lights are off again.

- Jackie - 01-03-2000

Hmmm. Foodie, the lightbulbs are supposed to show up anytime a message has been posted to an area since the time/date of your last visit. The program compares the cookie in your browser to the last posting timestamp and lights up the yellow bulbs acccordingly.

If this problem persists, please click on "Preferences" at the top and make sure that "save password & username" for 1 year is selected. The browser itself must also be set to accept cookies, but I assume that yours is & that you haven't changed browsers or settings recently.

Let me know if this problem persists.

- Bucko - 01-03-2000

Same problem as well, Jackie, as well as dropping my name and password. And yes, I reset preferences. Strange........ Using Netscape 4.7.

Bucko

- Bucko - 01-04-2000

Still nothing - cleared all cookies and reset.

Bucko

- Thomas - 01-04-2000

Jackie, here is the odd thing. The lightbulbs do not appear when I first call up the wineborad. But after I make one entry, such as this one, and go back to the main borad, the lightbulbs appear, at least they did yesterday. I am going to see if it happens today.

- Thomas - 01-04-2000

Yep. After I made the above entry, I went back to the main board and lightbulbs now appear next to every forum, whether or not there has been a recent post to them.

- Jerry D Mead - 01-04-2000

JDM has no lightbulbs either

- Thomas - 01-04-2000

I think we all knew that!!!!

- n144mann - 01-04-2000

I have had the same problem as Bucko with it dropping my user ID and password. I have to enter it each time. I have gone and checked the preferences to make sure I had it selected to store it, I do. I am using a slightly older netscape than Bucko. Netscape 4.6.

Nancy

- Innkeeper - 01-04-2000

Haven't had any problem at all with light bulbs.

- Bucko - 01-04-2000

That is because you are using a 15W bulb.......

Bucko

- Bucko - 01-04-2000

Jackie, I have cleared all cookies from the computer, set the preferences for one year, messages twenty days, typed in my name and password and submitted a message, logged off, logged back on -- no lightbulbs, no memory of the name and password. Are you sure there is not a Netscape problem on your end?

Bucko

- Jackie - 01-05-2000

My lightbulbs are disappearing too. This could be a Netscape related problem. With Internet Explorer none of these problems arise.

I've reported this to the Bulletin Board creators and they could not reproduce the symptoms... so I've gotten no help from them.

I'll keep trying, as it is an important function. Ditto with reply-mail.

- Thomas - 01-05-2000

Odd thing. This must be a Netscape problem. This morning Netscape decided to prevent me from ever accessing my address book again. No matter what I do, the complete address book (even from my back up file) is irretrievable.

Also, is the new wineboard format I see, with lists of member locations on the left side of the postings a mistake or a new design?