WineBoard
Foodie's New Shop - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: RESOURCES AND OTHER STUFF (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-300.html)
+--- Forum: Favorite Wine Stores (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-38.html)
+--- Thread: Foodie's New Shop (/thread-15486.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- Botafogo - 12-19-2000

Which is EXACTLY why I am retiring to Brasil where women are proud to be women!!!!! And I am NOT kidding, Roberto

- hotwine - 12-19-2000

Yeow! What's that rollin' across the floor?

- winoweenie - 12-19-2000

WOW! Boto I`m Impressed. CCK gave you 3 A`s. The most I`da bet was she would only have awarded you 2. winoweenie

- mrdutton - 12-19-2000

Point and counter-point. I think CCK wins this one.

Way to go Kathy!!

- RAD - 12-19-2000

Ah, but WW, we all know that AAA is smaller than AA. [img]http://www.wines.com/ubb2/wink.gif[/img]

RAD

- Botafogo - 12-20-2000

Let's recap: I offer to provide multicultural rebuttal info to an imagined attack on supposed sexism and am answered with personal attacks and _I_ am the "loser"? What do you guys do for fun, kick sleeping dogs??? Steal candy from babies???

Exhausted after a record sales day and THEN planning a dinner for Azienda Agricola Pepe and counting the days (23!) antes eu vou voar no Rio, Roberto

- barnesy - 12-20-2000

I am just trying to remember the last time i saw a post from botafogo that talked about a wine he had drank...

Barnesy

- Botafogo - 12-20-2000

Barnesy, because most of the time when I do post about a wine I get rediculous crap about "conflicts of interest", I tend to work the meta-beat and talk more about the philosophy of criticism, food and wine matching and other such things. In THIS case the tangent we are now on started when I made a good faith offer to help Foodie train an employee about wine and then it degenerated into this fluff.

I DID manage to enjoy both a 1994 Emedio Pepe Montepulciano d'Abruzzo and an Henri Billiot Grand Cru Brut 1995 from Ambonnay last night and they were, respectively:

One of the most complex, exotic and concentrated aromatic reds (yet super drinkable with a core of sweetish red and black fruits due to their unique vinification) I have EVER drunk

and

Life threatening, jaw droppingly delicious fizz with such depth of flavor and richness of body that a flat glass would be a real treat compared to almost any white I know.

Then we sipped some Cadenhead 10 year old Greeen Label Jamaican Rum by the fire and "things" ensued......

Once in a while I get to get my nose in the bag, Roberto

- Thomas - 12-20-2000

Did someone say "retire in Brazil?" Need a valet?

Roberto, CCK and all, this sounds a lot like crossed jokes and misunderstood messages, or is that misunderstood messages and crossed jokes, or is that crossed messages and misunderstood jokes?

Chill. Better still, chill that sparkling wine and relax.

Point, counterpoint and all points west.

- Botafogo - 12-21-2000

"Relocate" may be a better word than "retire" as I am only 43 and have at least three more careers ahead of me (Jerry was a hell of an inspiration!). But I am going for almost a month next month to investigate:

1)The logistical realities of exporting Cachaça from Brasil and importing Italian and Portugues wines to Brasil.

2)Starting a multilingual music and cultural magazine with both web and print versions.

3)Buying an apartment.

4) Seeing my girlfriend, lying in the sun, hang gliding, seeing my girlfriend, attending as many concerts as possible, seeing my girlfriend, buying hundreds of CD's and drinking superhuman amounts of Maté and Guarana Puro.

Ate logo, Robertinho

- winoweenie - 12-21-2000

After reading and re-reading every posting I declare ALL was in fun and the spirit of this here Board! I thot` CCK`s retort was hi-flickin`-larious and as usual, as only Roberto can, Boto came with some pearls. I probably won`t get up to Santa M. until Feb as I`ll be in Las Vegas for the last week of Jan. and will need the previous 3 weeks to recover. Wonder how soon Foodie`ll get hit by the illegal dissmissal lawsuit? (hehe) WW

- RAD - 12-21-2000

Same here, Roberto. My words were simply a bit of ribbin' (ribbon?) on CCK's coattails. Apologies if any offense was taken--none meant.

RAD

- Thomas - 12-22-2000

What is an illegal dismissal anyway? Am I missing some sorta sports meta-fore?

[This message has been edited by foodie (edited 12-22-2000).]

- mrdutton - 12-23-2000

I am amazed that all this absurdity made it to two pages.......

We should all congratulate ourselves!! Nothing wrong with a self-infliced pat on the back every now and then. What the hey!

- RAD - 01-06-2001

Just returned from my first visit to Foodie's new shop, Is-Wine. The red neon sign is perfect!

Great shop. Love the exposed brick walls. My wife and I spent an hour or two just sitting down and talking, with some already-regular customers making the occasional "interruption." Went home with a new barbera, syrah, docetto, and sauvignon blanc to try, as well as an autographed copy of Foodie's book!

Looks like I've found a place where I can focus my monthly wine budget! Good seeing you again, Foodie--

RAD

- Scoop - 01-08-2001

Hi RAD!

Glad you made it by the shop. If you are in the neighborhood some Friday evening, stop on by (that's when I'm around).

Scoop

- RAD - 01-08-2001

Sounds good Scoop, will do--

RAD

- Scoop - 01-24-2001

I take the liberty to announce that Foodie's shop, Is-Wine, made The NY Times Dining In section today (page 2, upper left corner), along with his grinning mug (and the exposed brick, bottle-laden wall of the store).

Kudos to Florence Fabricant for recognizing a winner!

Congrats!

Scoop

- Innkeeper - 01-24-2001

Hearty congratulations. It can be found at: http://www.nytimes.com/2001/01/24/living/24GRAP.html

[This message has been edited by Innkeeper (edited 01-24-2001).]

- winoweenie - 01-25-2001

Hot-Diggity-Dog! Only in America..."Get Along Lil` Foodies" our new camp-fire song out here in the West. Congrats and Sell That Stuff! WW