WineBoard
Foodie's New Shop - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: RESOURCES AND OTHER STUFF (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-300.html)
+--- Forum: Favorite Wine Stores (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-38.html)
+--- Thread: Foodie's New Shop (/thread-15486.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- mrdutton - 12-14-2000

Point and counter-point. Decision goes to WW! Enjoy dat pool!!

- RAD - 12-14-2000

Sorry to say, Foodie, but I spoke too soon. Won't be able to swing by this weekend as I'm flying out to San Fran Fri night on biz. Well, not all biz--will be taking in Napa/Sonoma Sat/Sun. [img]http://www.wines.com/ubb2/biggrin.gif[/img]

Will definitely swing by soon, though.

RAD

- Thomas - 12-15-2000

WW in shorts conjures weird images, and they are all red. ...

Scoop, the new shelves arrived yesterday, and they are real nice. Two more shelving deliveries and all boxes are off the floor.

Roberto, I have a feeling you would like the Brazilian young lady who answers our phone--really have to teach her something about wine, though!

[This message has been edited by foodie (edited 12-15-2000).]

- Innkeeper - 12-15-2000

Speaking of young Brazilian ladies, has anyone seen the one on the second to last page of the Time issue Roberto is quoted in?

- winoweenie - 12-15-2000

Foodie, Hope all is going well. By the way, I must tell you it`s almost impossible to teach any-one ( re: young gorgus Brazilly ladie) about wine in a reclining position drinking thru a straw. WW

- hotwine - 12-15-2000

Talk about images! Whothehell has wine on their minds in THAT position?!

- Scoop - 12-15-2000

Will try to stop by Monday evening (in a consumer capacity in this instance!) after getting back from DC.

Good luck for the weekend!

BTW, have you come across the distributor "Vineyard Expressions"? They carry an excellent Samur-Champigny, the 1997 Thierry Nerisson, that is pretty much confined to restaurant wine lists, and possibly others of interest. Could be worth getting their list. For the record, the number is: 1-800-782-1972.

Cheers,

Scoop

- Thomas - 12-15-2000

Scoop, merci, grazia and thanks for the tip. I just posted about a neat little Cotes Du Ventoux I pulled from the shelves. You have got to try it.

How's the Vina Mayor and Selaks--what? you haven't opened them yet?

ww, with those large front windows in the shop reclining is not an option, at least not in broad daylight.

- winoweenie - 12-16-2000

In the Stock-Room on a palate of unopened Italian treasures! Boy Now I`m Fibrilating. WW

- winecollector - 12-16-2000

geezzzz! Gone for a week , and I miss all the fun! Forget the wine, I want to come meet the Brazilian lady!

Seriously though, my curiousity is getting the best of me. Perhaps in January I can plan a day trip up and back with some of my wine buddies. And Scoop, see if you can talk Foodie into ordering us some of Vietti's best, will ya?

- Botafogo - 12-16-2000

Foodie, pass this along will you?

Oi, Menina! Eu sou Roberto, um Americano que amo muito a cultura e musica (e as gatinhas, claro!) do Brasil. Como se chama você e de onde você vem? Eu posso ensinar você todos sobre os vinhos em portugues ou englese. Ligue me quando você tem tempo ou perguntas, o meu numero é 1-800-WINE EXPO. Eu sou muito gentile e tambem um bom professor. Eu vou ficar no Rio para a mes de Janeiro mas vou voltar as tres de Fevereiro.

Ate Logo, Roberto

[This message has been edited by Botafogo (edited 12-16-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Botafogo (edited 12-16-2000).]

- Botafogo - 12-17-2000

And, I must say, that by Carioca (from Rio), Pernambucana (Recife and environs) and Baihana (Salvador, the hotbed of Afro Brasilian culture) standards, that skinny Paulista (from São Paolo) Giselle Bundschen is not even pretty and certainly not sexy!

Roberto

- Thomas - 12-17-2000

Roberto, I am glad you edited that post twice; I would have had a hard time understanding it without the corrections!

Her name is Iniah. And do you think I am dumb enough to tell her about your successful endeavor after I invest my time in teaching her about my fledgling operation? While her beauty is not matched by her wine knowledge I remain hopeful, and not for the reason that ww will dream up.

- winoweenie - 12-17-2000

Lust is enobled by it`s persistance. WW

- Innkeeper - 12-17-2000

I'll bet CCK is going to trash us for our wanton sexism.

- Botafogo - 12-17-2000

Now you see why I live out here in love and incense La La Land instead of the cynical East: I offer to train one of Foodies employees for FREE so I can work on subject related vocabulary em portugues and he accuses me of poaching!

Jeesh, no WONDER there are so many New Yawkers who've bailed and live here now!

Have a nice season, best of luck with your new store, Roberto

- Botafogo - 12-17-2000

>>I'll bet CCK is going to trash us for our wanton sexism.<<

And then I will enlighten her as to how Brasilian women categorically reject American "feminism" as not feminine or useful and are taking their fair share and celebrating instead of rejecting their beauty.

Roberto

[This message has been edited by Botafogo (edited 12-17-2000).]

- Thomas - 12-18-2000

Sorry to say guys, I had to let her go. Language was a problem--I said yes, she said no--yuck, yuck. Seriously, she is gone. Couldn't handle English well, not to mention she had no legal papers, which is not the way to start a small business in Zenophobia.

Scoop, sorry about the confusion. I did get your above message, just wasn't remembering right when you asked last evening (or this evening, if you are online tonight). I shall call that number after the holidays, when all settles down and I have some money to buy again.

- chittychattykathy - 12-19-2000

<I'll bet CCK is going to trash us for our wanton sexism.>
Nah, It's Christmas time, go ahead and pretend a bit. (Why should a little thing like being the same age as her dad stop your fun?! [img]http://www.wines.com/ubb2/smile.gif[/img]

- chittychattykathy - 12-19-2000

Roberto,
The day you "enlighten" me with your dim, single AAA battery of a light, is the day WW starts posting tasting notes about all his favorite white wines. CCK