WineBoard
Foodie's national exposure - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: RESOURCES AND OTHER STUFF (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-300.html)
+--- Forum: Favorite Wine Stores (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-38.html)
+--- Thread: Foodie's national exposure (/thread-15432.html)

- Kcwhippet - 04-04-2002

Well, I go to work at the wine shop today and I look through the mail and happen to glance through the latest issue of Beer, Wine and Spirits Beverage Retailer and what do I see on page six. Why there's an interior shot of IS-WINE in Greenwich Village, and there's Foodie stocking the shelves. Now we need to get him a spread in WS and there'll be no stopping him.

[This message has been edited by Kcwhippet (edited 04-05-2002).]

- barnesy - 04-04-2002

National Exposure...

I read that and thought Playboy must be doing a "wine merchants" edition.

Thats one centerfold I'd leave closed.

Barnesy

- Bucko - 04-04-2002

Was he on all fours with his bushy tail showing?

Seriously,we need more stores like this. The world is full of tasty wine at fair prices -- and no reviewers are hyping them. We need savvy shop owners in the know to direct us to these values/

- Botafogo - 04-05-2002

Bucko, you have missed the point of "wine magazines". They have no interest in steering you to people who have put their palates, wallets and reputations on the line to bring you great wines and values. The primary job of wine journals these days is to deliver qualified, upscale, brand persuadable eyeballs to advertisers. They see the purpose of merchants as arguing about money once THEY have set the agenda for what you should buy....

Go Foodie, make them drink Banyuls, Albarino and Tazzelenghe, Roberto

- winoweenie - 04-05-2002

Congrats there Foodster. With all the added income you can now probably afford a sofa to go wif' them chairs. WW

- Thomas - 04-05-2002

Thanks guys for letting me in on this one. I have no idea when the pic was taken and when the article was scheduled, but I do remember speaking with someone from that magazine months ago--before Christmas 2001.

Hey Barnsey, there is a Riesling on its way to you--belated but coming; sent UPS on Tuesday.

WW, when I return from Italy I am going to put a noose around the necks of Scoop and RAD, rummage through their pockets and come up with a "donation" for something to send you that will make you think that heaven will be a come-down--but then, you ain't scheduled for heaven anyway.

[This message has been edited by foodie (edited 04-05-2002).]

- winoweenie - 04-05-2002

Isn't that precious? WW

- barnesy - 04-05-2002

Hot dog, Foodie!

You the man! I'm going to pick up some halibut and grill that stuff up and pop that cork!

Barnesy

- Thomas - 04-06-2002

You got it already? I will be gone until 20 April, so when you post your taste notes, don't be surprised if you do not hear from me.

- Innkeeper - 04-06-2002

Bon voyage Foodie and Roberto. Hope you meet up over there, and regardless, have a wonderful time.

- winoweenie - 04-06-2002

Have no fear IK. Think those two reprobates could have a good time in a monastary. WW

- Thomas - 04-06-2002

Isn't that what a monastery is for--having fun? Aside from the ones with vineyards, you should see their wine bills.

I will be looking for the white-bearded Brasilian, and from what I hear he will be easy to spot, or hear...

- winoweenie - 04-06-2002

If you see an old lecher with his grandaughter and she doesn't speak English, that be him. Both of you safe passage and have a ball. WW

- zenda2 - 04-06-2002

Bon Voyage, you two. Mambo Italiano!

- Botafogo - 04-06-2002

One of my favorite songs is "How Can I Miss You if You Won't Go Away?" by Jerry Jeff Walker but I ain't gone yet....

Thanks so much for your benedictions, Roberto

Foodie, try and make it to the Mondo d'Oro Wine Bar (Via Mondo d'Oro 4, 8032679) for drinks on Wednesday from 7-8 or so and then dinner at Il Cantinon, Via S. Rocchetto 11, 595291 which is actually right across the street....) this is always a lot of fun, all the hellraising, anti-parker-spectator-Cotarella types in one room.

- Thomas - 04-07-2002

I will try. Is it a free-for-all or is there a distributor/importer/producer sponsorship?

- winoweenie - 04-07-2002

Jes' tell them suckers you be a close friend of the mity Romemberrto. WW You two stay outta' jail!

- Botafogo - 04-07-2002

No, it's pay as you go and we have the chef (Sergio who also is a big blues fan) make a big special menu for us and order all the most obscure wines on his excellent list.

No Suits allowed (as in big wigs from major importers and distributors, dress is whatever), Roberto

- Thomas - 04-08-2002

...well then, I'll wear my dress!!!! This sounds too good to pass up.