WineBoard
Finger Lakes, NY - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: RESOURCES AND OTHER STUFF (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-300.html)
+--- Forum: Wine Country Touring/Dining (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-41.html)
+--- Thread: Finger Lakes, NY (/thread-15150.html)

- Catch 22 - 04-19-2000

A miracle has occurred. My wife and I actually agree on something. We are going to spend a day or two of our vacation in the Finger Lakes Wine Country of NY. I am looking for suggestions for places to stay (general areas as well as specific hotels)in that area. We (read as She) prefer hotels as opposed to motels or B&B's. Any help would be appreciated. Foodie, I'm betting on you to answer first.

Thanks in advance.

- glenora - 04-20-2000

Foodie is most likely asleep, as the sun is slow to rise on Keuka Lake!!!!

We look forward to your visit!!

Places to stay in the Finger Lakes--

Canandaigua--Ontario County--Inn on the Lake

Geneva--Ontario County--Ramanda Inn www.ramada.com/ramadahotel

Geneva--Ontario County--Geneva-on-the-Lake--email: info@GenevaOnTheLake.com

Corning--Steuben County--Radisson

Dundee--Yates County--Inn at Glenora Wine Cellars www.glenora.com

You can find information on most of these by visiting the website www.fingerlakesnet.com
The Finger Lakes association has a website as well but they do such a great job of hiding it no one can ever find it.

More information about the Seneca Lake wineries can be found at www.senecalakewine.com

Hope this helps!!

Gene

- Thomas - 04-20-2000

I would have awakened earlier had the sun actually come out...haven't seen it in a few days.

Anyway, with modesty, Glenora listed the Inn At Glenora Wine Cellars last, but I would put it first. It is a spectacular place and it is right smack in the middle of Finger Lakes wine country.

And Catch22, let us know when you are coming. I am sure that Mr. Glenora will have a surprise for you in the room, and maybe I can show you around.

- Catch 22 - 04-21-2000

Thanks to both of you. You've given me a good head start, I'm not going until mid-July. How far ahead must I book a room for that time of year? Also, where can I get more detailed maps of winery locations? I would like to plan my attack.*G* Oh, what the heck, one more question. Do either of you (or anyone else) have any info on fishing in the area? It's not a vacation unless I can fish.

Catch 22

ps- Great call on The Inn at Glenora Wine Cellars, Foodie. From the web site, it looks great, and the rates reasonable. Nice place, Gene, I'm sure I'll be in touch soon.

- Thomas - 04-22-2000

For maps, try 315-536-7442, the NY Wine & Grape Foundation.

Yes, lake trout fishing, et al, is available in the region. Maybe one of the Chambers of Commerce can help there: 315-536-3111, Yates County CC.

July, eh. Did you know there is a Finger Lakes Wine Festival at the Watkins Glen Race Track this July 8 and 9? (Did you know July 9 is my birthday--sixteenth anniversary of my 39th)

- Catch 22 - 04-24-2000

Foodie,

Thanks once again for the further info. And yes, I am aware of the festival, but I prefer tranquility as opposed to crowds. Silly me, I was under the assumption that the whole festival was in honor of your "anniversary"...