my first wine making - Printable Version
+- WineBoard (http://wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: RESOURCES AND OTHER STUFF (/forum-300.html)
+--- Forum: Home Winemaking (/forum-39.html)
+--- Thread: my first wine making (/thread-15065.html)
- link514 - 10-12-2005 08:59 AM
my first wine ever was wlchs grape juice and bakers yeast, it tasted awful. now i am interested in making it the right way and i have a few questioins
1) if i bought grpaes from teh grocery store would those work? i here a lot of people want to grow the grapes themselves
2) kind of off topic but theres no way i will drink the rest of my welchs stuff, i hear that you can freeze out the alchohol, if this it ture i want to do that so i can at least get something out of the 3 weeks it took to make.
3) if it is possible to freeze out the high proof shuld i dilute it? how much should i dilute it
4) back on topic will cold weather kill the yeast and ruin the process? i'm thinking about 30 degrees farenhieit.
sorry if my questions seem odd
- Thomas - 10-12-2005 07:30 PM
Links, buy a home winemaking book. You haven't even enough basic knowledge to begin on your own.