Miscellaneous - Printable Version
+- WineBoard (http://wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: RESOURCES AND OTHER STUFF (/forum-300.html)
+--- Forum: Paraphernalia (/forum-40.html)
+--- Thread: Miscellaneous (/thread-15027.html)
- hotwine - 12-29-2008 11:34 AM
A few notes:
- Christmas gift from daughter (along with a few bottles of wine) was the book "Thomas Jefferson on Wine" by John Hailman (University Press of Mississippi/Jackson, 2006). Very detailed description of TJ's evolution as a wine-lover, including his notes on producers and his purchases. Fascinating, 457 pp.
- Beloved Screwpull Pro broke irreparably on Christmas Day while trying to uncork one of those 6 (now thought to be 7) bottles. Don't know which was the culprit but was probably operator error.
- Christmas gifts from the lovely wife (in addition to wines) was a "Preservino Professional Wine Preserving Kit", that injects argon through a rubber stopper into an opened bottle to preserve remaining contents (assumes there are contents remaining, of course.... BIG assumption).
- Gave sister-in-law a mixed case and a copy of the book "The Widow Clicquot", since her usual bubbly is Yellow Label.
- Innkeeper - 12-29-2008 07:19 PM