WineBoard
RE: RE:COIFFES - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: RESOURCES AND OTHER STUFF (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-300.html)
+--- Forum: Paraphernalia (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-40.html)
+--- Thread: RE: RE:COIFFES (/thread-14986.html)

Pages: 1 2

- deeliteful - 08-31-2001

No I am not looking for a place to meet men ,I do not have a problem in that area . I am doing an online trivia thing with my family .. And the Question asked was ..WHERE IN A WINESHOP WOULD YOU FIND COIFFES ?? Thanks from DeeDee

- Drew - 08-31-2001

Slow down, DeeDee, it was a little joke. I interpreted COIFFES incorrectly as Groom (bridegroom) instead of to make neat, as in grooming. I figured out your trivia though. One would find COIFFES in the Champagne section of the wine shop. The Museletts, the wire which holds the champagne cork in place and prevents it from popping out. (little wire mesh caps over the cork). Also instead of posting each response by clicking the "post new topic" button, click the "post reply" button and that will continue the thread in the same post.

Drew

[This message has been edited by Drew (edited 08-31-2001).]

- deeliteful - 08-31-2001

Thank you Drew !! from DeeDee

- winoweenie - 08-31-2001

Gracious! A whole slew of Coiffs.WW

- Thomas - 09-01-2001

So it was Drew who coiffed up the answer to a trivia question. He gets to go to the head of the class--ba da bing.

Incidentally, why do people come here with trivial pursuits?

- winoweenie - 09-01-2001

Pass the 'spector the box of Kleenex. WW

- deeliteful - 09-01-2001

Because I know nothing about wines , And what better of a place to come to and ask ..Thanks for all the replies .....DeeDee

- Thomas - 09-01-2001

DeeDee, come back with solid questions; this is a place to learn more about wine, if you are interested in the subject.

- deeliteful - 09-01-2001

Foodie I will come back whenever I feel like it , You do not own the website ..

- Drew - 09-02-2001

You know what deeliteful, you need to change your name because it's not deelite that you're full of....foodie was extending our board to you and you respond in such a rude way. Actually one thing you could learn from this board has nothing to do with wine....It's RESPECT.

Drew

- winoweenie - 09-02-2001

WOW did this lil' thread take a turn for the worse. Seems to me Deedee that you mistook a nice gesture as a command. tsk..tsk. If you take the time to read up on the posts under the Novice thread I think you'll see what Hotwine was all about. We all have a deep interest in wine and food, and seems to me you got your trivia answer and really don't really have any desire to learn about the subject. So be it. Win your week-end in Vegas or whatever, and If you ever do feel like expanding your horizons, come talk with us. WW

- Thomas - 09-02-2001

Again one of those responses that I see a lot of on the Internet. People simply are either not used to or afraid of direct, simple dialogue--for some reason it is threatening to them.

How did we come to this point? What is wrong with a straight answer or comment? Why are people so defensive?

- deeliteful - 09-02-2001

I am sorry for being rude, I am sorry for coming to the wrong place and asking for help. I just want to say thanks for all the replies .. and help ..

Sincerely DeeDee

- winoweenie - 09-03-2001

All is forgiven as we are a pretty nice bunch of fellers. Come back and lurk around the novice thread, you mite find it quite interesting. WW

- Drew - 09-03-2001

I agree and apologize for being a little to harsh...come back and DELIGHT us with FULLfilling questions.

Drew

- deeliteful - 09-03-2001

Thank you Drew and everyone else ..

Sincerely

DeeDee

- Thomas - 09-03-2001

I have a question: where is Yelm, Wa.? never heard of that town. Is it in wine country?

Foodie .. Yelm is in between Tacoma Wa and Olympia Wa ,sort of southeast , No vinyards around here ,mostly cattle .It is nice country though .. A good place to raise my kids ..

- Bucko - 09-03-2001

Yelm is spitting distance from me, and close to Stuart's Meats. I love that place -- they make the best wild game jerky that I have ever tried.

Bucko

Hi Bucko ...Yes Stewart's meats is about a block from where I live , My daughter worked there for awhile and her two best friends work there .. They do have the best Jerky around ..So high neighbor ...