WineBoard
I love this wine - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: TASTING NOTES & WINE SPECIFIC FORUMS (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-200.html)
+--- Forum: Wines Without a Category (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-37.html)
+--- Thread: I love this wine (/thread-14703.html)

- John Moore - 07-21-2004

Heres one for the "expert's" on this board.
Who(in the USA) carries a wine called "Caballo Loco"? I would like to purchase a coupla cases. I am looking for any of the series i.e., #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, or the latest release #6.
PLEASE respond quickly as I am in great need of this wine.
If you can find me the name of the importer than that's all the much better.

[This message has been edited by John Moore (edited 07-21-2004).]

- Innkeeper - 07-21-2004

Could be wrong as I have been before, but I don't think it is distributed in the USA.

- Kcwhippet - 07-21-2004

John, I can't tell you the importer, but maybe I have some info that may be just as good. You can contact Diego Callejas, who's the export manager for Vinas Valdivieso the producer of Caballo Loco. You can email him at dcallejas@valdiviesovineyard.com. I'm sure he can tell you who's bringing the product into your area.

Innkeeper, thanks for the extremely quick response. It is definitely greatly appreciated. But, I am truly in need to find this wine to purchase here in the US. The distributors that I have been in touch with have all drawn blanks on this one. That's why I came here as a pretty much last resort in my search for this. I don't want to have to get on a plane and go to Chile to get some of this. PLEASE try again for me in searching me a source for this wine.

Kcwhippet , THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!
You must have been posting a reply at the exact same time I was responding to Innkeeper's reply. Iwant to truly thank both of you for your extremely quick responses, truly amazing.
I know we have somewhat bumped heads in the past but, you have shown me that you guys(gals?) do know a lot and the folks on this board should be very thankful to have you on BOARD.

- Kcwhippet - 07-21-2004

Oh, IK and I are definitely both guys. Let us know if you find the Caballo Loco.

- Bucko - 07-21-2004

I think they're girly men, at least that is what Schwartzenegger told me. So that should cover all of the bases.

- Bucko - 07-21-2004

**Heres one for the "expert's" on this board**

Nice way to ask for a favor, eh? Pretty amazing.........

- Thomas - 07-22-2004

Bucko, I noticed that too, which is why I did not rise to the bait.

The wine is on the Internet (Google), but the USA distributors (except for one in Ohio) are scarcely found. I have a gut feeling about the question.

[This message has been edited by foodie (edited 07-22-2004).]

- Bucko - 07-22-2004

Wine-searcher Pro shows it only available in Europe, Canad, and South America.

- Thomas - 07-22-2004

Until recently. It is now imported in the USA, which is the root of my gut feeling about the original post.

- John Moore - 07-22-2004

Thanks for all the interesting answers.
Foodie, I think your gut was probably telling you its time to eat. This was an honest inquiry about the wine.
Inkeeper and KCwhippet I actually found a source on my own thru winesearcher. There is a distributor based in New Jersey that has it in stock. They told me they have the #5 in the series at a unbelievably low price.
Thanks again to IN and KC!
Foodie , SO SORRY to have put you on guard.

[This message has been edited by John Moore (edited 07-22-2004).]

- winoweenie - 07-22-2004

Hi John and see you're back. The prople here don't need CAPITAL LETTERS to understand the nuance of a post. You were given the info requested and after some of your earlier self-serving posts I can understand their quesiness about the motive. Hopefully the request was made in the spirit it conveyed. I think the answers were certainly beneficial. WW

- Thomas - 07-22-2004

Do you think you can share with us "experts" who that distributor in New Jersey is? Or do I need to post that request in upper case so you can understand completely my intention?

John, it is past performance, plus that snide "expert" that leads me to conclude the nature of your madness. Even if I am wrong on this one, you will have to explain the quotation marks before I trust anything you post.