WineBoard
Do you know this wine? - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (http://wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: TASTING NOTES & WINE SPECIFIC FORUMS (/forumdisplay.php?fid=200)
+--- Forum: Wines Without a Category (/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Do you know this wine? (/showthread.php?tid=14627)

Pages: 1 2

- shannon dedyo - 11-27-2000 10:16 AM

Help! My husband and I were recently in Paris and he had a wine he remembers as, Chateau la Fluer (and the word Medic which I suppose could be the maker or region). We can't find it anywhere (or anyone knowing it). I am desparate to find it for the holidays for him..... does this ring a bell to anyone? Thank you!!

- winoweenie - 11-27-2000 06:22 PM

Shannon, welcome to the board. We have kinda` a strict policy of only making ONE post on a subject. If you make a post and don`t get an answer it`s because no-one with the info has seen your post. winoweenie

[This message has been edited by winoweenie (edited 11-27-2000).]

- mrdutton - 11-27-2000 08:06 PM

A couple of reasonable replies to this thread were provided in the Rhone/South of France/Wines/Varieties Forum.

- shannon dedyo - 11-28-2000 10:22 AM

winoweenie,

I suppose it is "reassuring" to know we have board police. I wasn't aware of the policy, nor was I sure of the appropriate place to post my question since I wasn't sure of the type of wine (which is why i also included it in misc. category and did not feel that was abusive or overreaching). None have been that helpful anyway so I will cease to use your service or buy from your webpage.

- Drew - 11-28-2000 11:11 AM

See....Winoweenie made Shannon cranky too!

Drew

- winoweenie - 11-28-2000 05:45 PM

a pox on thin-skinned students.ww i did this lower case so a to offend as lil` as possible.

- winoweenie - 11-28-2000 05:49 PM

Where is Botofugo and Randy when we need them to save the commerce on the board? WW

- Thomas - 11-28-2000 07:59 PM

Again I become amazed by the inability of someone on the Internet to accept a direct comment rather than to read it as an attack. People have either become too dense or too sensitive--cannot figure out which!

- mrdutton - 11-28-2000 09:11 PM

Not one posting here said that Shannon was abusive or over-reaching.

There were two good posts giving information on the Chateau and its wine on her other post.

What is she talking about.........? She? He?

Of course I don't really know, but most of the Shannon's I've met have been female....

Sorry CCK, that part just doesn't matter anyway.........

God now I'm gonna piss-off everyone (!) and I am not even tipsy yet........... (Operative word is not necessarily "yet".)

- winoweenie - 11-28-2000 11:18 PM

Did she say tank youse for the relative info given in the other thread on her very insufficient info? Whenebber I gets ahold of some new juice I ask someone who`s sober to WRITE the info I`ll need to track it down. By the snort, Why am I the black-Hat in this? Methinks Shannon is a lil` thin-skinned or is what I`ve been told is one rude New Yawker. winoweenie