WineBoard
Snoqualmie Vineyard, Columbia Valley, WA - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: TASTING NOTES & WINE SPECIFIC FORUMS (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-200.html)
+--- Forum: Northwest Wines (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-28.html)
+--- Thread: Snoqualmie Vineyard, Columbia Valley, WA (/thread-14395.html)

- wondersofwine - 04-04-2003

A local restaurant has a free wine tasting on Thursdays. Last night they offered four whites and two reds. The whites were not anything I was interested in but I tried the reds. One was Italian mainly form the Corvina grape (5% sangiovese). The other was a 2000 Snoqualmie Merlot Reserve. My first impression of the merlot was "where's the body?" It seemed very light in the mouth. But following sips led me to conclude that I liked the aroma and I liked the taste so what was my beef? The label says that the best 3% of merlot grapes are selected for the reserve. It seemed to have good fruit and a balanced American oak element. Wondered if Bucko reviews their wines. They also make a cabernet reserve and a cabernet-merlot blend. (I only had about a 1 oz. or 1.5 oz. pour and there were smokers around me in the bar area, so it was hard to really evaluate the wine.)

[This message has been edited by wondersofwine (edited 04-04-2003).]

- wondersofwine - 04-04-2003

Checked out some of Bucko's recent reviews on www.wineloverspage.com and he did review the cabernet sauvignon/merlot blend from Snoqualmie and seemed to like it. Anyone else had their wines--maybe Stevebody or WW?

- Drew - 04-05-2003

I thought the '00 syrah was very good, and a great QPR for under $9.

Drew

- winoweenie - 04-05-2003

By-the-bye for youse who 'haint ever been blizzarded-in by weather on the mighty Snowqualamie Pass' fickle weather let me say it has the largest snowflakes I've ever seen. WW

- stevebody - 04-06-2003

Joy Anderson, the Snoq. vintner is doing some amazing things down there in Paterson, with a lot of support, natch, from the owners, Stimson-Lane, wine megalith. Her reds are scrumptious and have a wonderful balance and that Cab-Merlot, IMHO, is the best out of WA nearly every vintage. The whites are coming along less quickly but her new Sauv Blanc is pretty good and her Semillion is killer.

What endears Snoq. to me is that they've held prices in line: low $20s for reserves, and low teens for non-reserve. They're a great value and getting better as her sources mature. Great, underappreciated winery.

- wondersofwine - 04-14-2003

I'm back from a TDY trip and catching up on postings. Thanks for the replies. I will look for the Snoqualmie reds to purchase.

- Innkeeper - 06-12-2005

'01 Snoqualmie, Columbia Valley, Syrah ($8.99 NH Liq Store). Alcohol level, 13.5%. Fruity and spicy, soft and suptle, with good varietal character (almost amazingly). Very nice on a hot night with grilled boneless pork chops in our own BBQ sauce for porky things, and green beans almondine.

- Glass_A_Day - 07-07-2005

I buy both the syrah and the chard by the case. They are both excellent values.