WineBoard
'05 Glenora Finger Lakes Riesling - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: TASTING NOTES & WINE SPECIFIC FORUMS (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-200.html)
+--- Forum: New York/East Coast Wines (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-27.html)
+--- Thread: '05 Glenora Finger Lakes Riesling (/thread-14081.html)

- Innkeeper - 09-03-2006

2005 Glenora, Finger Lakes, Riesling ($13.99). Alcohol level: 11%. R.S. 3.2%. Gives a load of fruit on the nose and tongue tip including apple, pear, and limes. Even more now citrusy fruit and a dose of FL dirt add to the complexity in the middle. The finish goes on and on. Two daughters!!! and son-in-law loved it.

We were celebrating three birthdays Bev and s-i-l Kevin, both Aug 29, and oldest granddaughter Jena (19), Sep 1. So I grilled fourteen halfs of chicken breast, daughter Christy sauteed some marinated beef tips, I made pesto and warmed up some leftover Coq-au-Vin sauce for choices, and we had corn-on-the-cob and a huge salad to finish things off. Only took three dishwasher loads to clean things up.

- winoweenie - 09-03-2006

Sounds like a party to me. Congrats to all the B/D chillin' and glad the storm held off long enough to get the food on the table. WW

- Innkeeper - 09-13-2006

Last bottle tonight with grillpaned boneless pork chops (it was sprinkling again), baked potatoes, and salads. All very nice.

- Innkeeper - 12-07-2006

We received five more in the latest shipment. Still a wonderful wine. Matched it tonight with well roasted country ribs with BBQ rub, pilaf, and Waldorf Salad. It all went well together particularly the apples in the salad with the Riesling. Great meal.

- Thomas - 12-07-2006

I had the wine last night with a wok chicken and vegetable dish that included ginger and hot pepper--it paired beautifully.

- Innkeeper - 12-09-2006

Second half tonight with crab cakes and more of the salad from that fleabag place in the Apple. The wine held up much better than the salad.

- Innkeeper - 12-23-2006

We shared a bottle tonight with a roasted capon, cornbread stuffing baked on the side, and peas. Fabulouso. Pumpkin pie for dessert.

- Innkeeper - 04-20-2007

This one keeps getting better and better. Great job Gene.

Tonight we spit the bottle together. Matched it with crab cakes again, along with brown Basmati rice in chicken stock, and salad. Wonderful!!!

- Innkeeper - 05-23-2007

We enjoyed a bottle last night in Utica. It went well with Chicken Francoise (me) and Lobster Ravioli (she), at Lupino's Trackside Tavern. Glad it was on their winelist. Have notified Gene.

- Bucko - 05-24-2007

Speaking of Glenora, does anyone know if their web site is operational? It won't come up tonight.

- Kcwhippet - 05-24-2007

A few hours later, but it worked for me, Bucko.

- Bucko - 05-24-2007

Working here now -- I was going to order a couple of cases -- for some reason they do not list WA as a ship to state. We allow shipping in our state and lord knows I've ordered hundreds of cases over the years.

- Innkeeper - 05-24-2007

Bucko, look for an email from moi.