WineBoard
Virtual tasting - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Rants & Raves (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: Virtual tasting (/thread-13483.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

- brappy - 11-17-2005

Anybody up for a virtual tasting? I'm flexible in wine choice.

mark

- winoweenie - 11-17-2005

Whas' youse talkin' 'bout there Braps?WW

- Thomas - 11-17-2005

You pick a wine or two, pick a day and time, sign on together and discuss the wine.

It works better with a Chat software.

- brappy - 11-17-2005

We all decide on a wine, or type of wine, or region of wine, etc. and a date (2-3 days ie: Nov 19 - 21). When the dates come we open, taste, drink and then post notes on the wine.

Example: We decide Dec. 9 - 12 would work. We'll do Spanish wines from Rioja. Over the next several weeks, we let it be known what each other is tasting, Then on those dates, we taste and post notes. So you get to taste the wine of your choice and "virtually" taste other wines by reading the notes of others.

Just an idea,

mark

- brappy - 11-17-2005

You beat me to it.

- robr - 11-17-2005

Sounds interesting. I'm game.

- brappy - 11-18-2005

Any date is fine with me. Any wine, region, varietal, etc. is OK too. Suggestions?

- robr - 11-18-2005

I'm open. I have never done this before. I like 'em all, but my budget is limited. I don't generally spend in excess of $20 for a bottle, usually less.

- robr - 11-19-2005

I have a nice bottle of Argentinian Malbec I am thinking about... interested anyone?

- brappy - 11-20-2005

Sorry it took me so long to reply. Computer was or might still be doing some odd things. I'll get the other comp up and connected so thier won't be an issue with that.

Malbec from Argentina sounds good to me as I'm not real familiar with them. If you want we can put a price ceiling. So, say nothing over $20. We might just find a real gem. What date or dates are you thinking about? Member "Redsonly" might be up for this. Anyone else? This could be fun . As to the date, This Tuesday evening might be good (the 22nd). It might be easier to wait until after Thanksgiving, but I really don't care either way. I know that's best for most people. This next Saturday and Sunday would be good also (26th or/and 27th). But I won't be able to post until later on Saturday evening (like midnight or just after).

Anyway, let me know.

mark

- tw - 11-20-2005

I'm in, could bring a bottle to pass at thanksgiving and get a whole rhelm of voters.

Chris

- robr - 11-20-2005

Why don't we shoot for this weekend, say Thanksgiving and the following three days, and see how many people want to do it?

The one I have on hand is 2001 Santa Ercilia, Alto Valle de Uco, Mendoza. I have had it before, but it has been a long time since, and all I remember was that it was the best South American wine I ever tasted.

I paid less than $20 -- around $12 I think.

[This message has been edited by bernkastler (edited 11-20-2005).]

- wondersofwine - 11-20-2005

I'm going to pass on the Malbec. I don't have any on hand and buy most of my wine in Raleigh (90 minutes away). I may be able to join in on the next virtual tasting.

- robr - 11-20-2005

Im not married to the Malbec, although it is a great red, similar to a really really good Chianti.

I also have a nice Chardonnay, a few Cabernet Sauvignons, Merlots, and a Sauvignon Blanc, all which I have not yet tried.

- jv38 - 11-20-2005

Can I participate? I have 2003 Bodegas Nieto Senetiner Reserva ($15) and a 2003 Don Rodolfo ($16).

The Nieto I'd tried before and it is wonderful, the Don Rodolfo, just picked it up last week recommended in the wine store.

- brappy - 11-20-2005

Looks like we're picking up speed. I don't have any Malbec either but will remedy that tomorrow night. I'll post tomorrow what I have. If Thanksgiving to start the tasting and posting is good with everyone, I say we officially name that the start time and end on Sat. night.

So:

Argentinian Malbec Virtual Tasting under $20/bottle

Start Date: Nov. 24th (Thanksgiving)
End Date: Nov. 26th (Sat. night)
What we are tasting: Argentina Malbec

Bernkastler: Santa Ercilia, Alto de Uco, Mendoza '01
Jv38: Bodegas Nieto Senetiner Reserva, '03
Don Rodolfo, '03
Brappy: Will get and post wine tomorrow

Any one else is more than welcome.

Wonders, You sure? Might be something at Harris Teeter; sure would love to hear your notes!

mark

- winoweenie - 11-20-2005

I'll be in Mexico all next week. You chillins' have fun. I'll read the results whenced I return. Can assure you the Tequila Sunrises for breakfast at Mannys'will be SOOOPPPERB. Ww

- brappy - 11-20-2005

Have fun WW!

- hotwine - 11-20-2005

I'll pass on this one. Malbec's not one of my faves (at least, those available locally don't ring my chimes). We'll be on the road anyway to Bryan and Houston; notes will probably all be devoted to bubblies.

- brappy - 11-21-2005

OK wines so far:

Tw: ??
Bernkastler: Santa Ercilia, Alto de Uco, Mendoza '01
Jv38: Bodegas Nieto Senetiner Reserva, '03
Don Rodolfo, '03
Brappy: Bodega Catena Zapata Catena Malbec, '02
Redsonly: ??