WineBoard
Matching wines? - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Wine/Food Affinities (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Matching wines? (/thread-1324.html)

- iica - 09-25-2000

I have to match a wine with this menu. Any suggestions? I have also listed the grapes that I were refered for each item.
Thanks for your help
App- Grilled Portabella mushroom stuffed with proscuitto and fresh buff. motz.
White burgandy? Spacific bottle?

Soup- Tomato florentine
Chianti? " "

entre- beef Tenderlion with a red pepper and walnut sauce
Merlot? " "

Dessert- Strawberry Lime Mousse Tart with spun sugar
Riesling? " "

I would love any sugg. to certain bottles...thanks.

- mrdutton - 09-25-2000

Are we being asked to do more homework?

(Please pardon me for being cynical.)

[This message has been edited by mrdutton (edited 09-25-2000).]

- Jackie - 09-26-2000

IICA,

Welcome to the wineboard. I'm wondering if you are from California? It would really help to know your location when we suggest wines for your menu.

Could you modify your profile (click on link at the of page) or at least post a message here telling our experts where you are? Then our help can be more to the point.

Thanks,
Jackie

- winoweenie - 09-26-2000

Jackie, I think MrD has sniffed out what is a mis-use of what we do here. IMHO, there should never be a post allowed to stand that`s from someone who doesn`t give their FULL idenity. We shouldn`t be un-paid tutors to a bunch of conniving under-achievers. No verifiable address, NO place on this forum. winoweenie

- Jackie - 09-26-2000

Winoweenie,

Yes, I agree it would be better if everyone would provide their location -- at least a state. It looks to me like our friend IICA did take my advice and added MASS to the profile....so we know in which state IICA buys wine. I don't recall seeing this when I posted my last message on this thread.

I can check to see if our bulletin board software program can require an address to be entered at registration. But right now it is voluntary. Since it is voluntary, at least for now, I think we should welcome newcomers who may be shy about signing up on a wineboard for the first time.

Privacy is a very real and important issue on the net and I can understand why folks are initally relunctant to provide personal information. Let's not be too harsh. My observation is that once newcomers see that this is a friendly place to be, most are willing to modify their profiles and add more information. For some people, this is the first online board they've ever used. They may wonder if they'll be bombarded with junk e-mail etc, etc (which we NEVER do).

BTW, do you think that IICA has selected the right varietals for the above courses? I wonder about the white burgundy and Chianti, followed by Merlot. But I am not as much of an expert as you'all.

Jackie

[This message has been edited by Jackie (edited 09-26-2000).]