WineBoard
Grumble - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Rants & Raves (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: Grumble (/thread-12949.html)

Pages: 1 2

- dananne - 05-27-2008

So, avoiding the $4.00 a gallon gas problem, I was riding my scooter last Wednesday. I went to make a left hand turn in the turning lane, and some idiot who was using the yellow lines area to avoid the stopped traffic on the right simply plowed into me from behind. WIthout even bothering to brake. I was thrown from my scooter ("like a rag doll," according to the eye witnesses) and into a stopped car, giving my body a wonderful what-for. The really rich part is that he jumped out of his completely undamaged car and began to shout at me as I lay bleeding in the street and telling me it was my fault! Classy. The witnesses were horrified, and one guy was so mad about it that he's going to testify for me in court.

Although it could have been worse (especially if not for the helmet), I've got an assortment of minor maladies, including a bruised bladder. Needless to say, I've abstained from wine in favor of medications for almost a week now, and I'm trying my best to live vicariously through you wine drinkers. So, DRINK SOME WINE!

And, of course, post notes!

Hopefully I'll be back to enjoying a few glasses by the weekend.

- hotwine - 05-27-2008

Holy smokes! Sorry to hear about that, Dan. We'll refrain from posting on any really good stuff until you're back in form. Hang in there.

- TheEngineer - 05-27-2008

MaGawd.... I can't believe these people!!! Glad to hear that it was not much worse.

What was this person smoking??

I hope that he gets what he deserves. Take care of yourself Dan!

- brappy - 05-28-2008

I hate to hear things like this.

What the hell is wrong with these people..... missing some serious brain matter. Hope your lawyer strings them up.

I'm going to a pretty big tasting tomorrow, and then a few are coming over here. If my allergies aren't completely wiping my senses out, I'll take some notes.

Hope you get well soon, Dan.

mark

- winoweenie - 05-28-2008

Good-Golly-Miss-Molly this is awful! I hope you string this idiot up by his thumbs and put a bucket of honey on his head and turn a colony of fire ants loose on hims toesies. As they work their way up mauybe you can video taape it and send it to us so we can laugh vicariously with youse. Get well Dan. Tell Anne to get her serious lawyer face on and eat this dude alive. WW

- Innkeeper - 05-28-2008

Very sorry to hear about it. Here's hope for a full recovery.

- wondersofwine - 05-28-2008

My apologies for forgetting to change the automatic icon. No smiles in this situation.

My sympathy for your injuries and inconvenience (I assume you are staying home from your job.) My middle nephew was hit by a car while bicycling in Utah (he was a graduate student at the time) and suffered a broken leg. While he didn't go for some overinflated punitive damages, he did receive about $18,000 to compensate for his pain and inconvenience and to pay medical expenses. Another friend received a much greater sum for an automobile accident and used some of the money to pay for a temporary youth director position at our small church. I hope you receive some kind of justice through the insurance settlement or the courts. Follow doctor's (and Anne's) orders and get well soon. All the best to you.

[This message has been edited by wondersofwine (edited 05-28-2008).]

- Bucko - 05-28-2008

Sold my Honda 350 many years ago after I had to lay it down -- a taxi cab pulled directly in my path from a stop sign.

When I worked the ER, we used to call them murdercycles due to all of the serious injuries and deaths we saw.

Sure glad you're hear to tell us about it. Count your lucky stars, pard.

- brappy - 05-29-2008

honda 350????

- Bucko - 05-29-2008

It was a 1972 model. Loved that bike, but too many nuts on the road that just don't see you or don't care.

- brappy - 05-29-2008

OK no real notes but quick impressions of the night.

My allergies are way too intense to give real notes. The tasting was a lot of fun. After, we had several people over to taste some other stuff.

Of note:
Radio Coteau(sp); this is some serious juice. The balance on this is perfect. Don't ask me the single vineyard as we let the rest of the bottle go home to the guy who loved it the most.

Loring, Brosseau Vineyard, '03... This is only the third Loring wine I've tasted as this isn't available in Maryland. The first two did NOT impress me. This one did. The fruit showed beautifully; still not a blockbuster, but a hell of a lot of fun.

Nickle and Nickle Darien Vineyard Syrah '05; This bottle needs some more bottle time. That being said, it also shows great fruit and ripeness. Very well done! This winery never lets me down!

Dalla Valle '96 ; This wine is showing sooooo much youthfulness; wil finiah in yhe norning

- wondersofwine - 05-29-2008

KC is a fan of the Radio Coteau Pinot Noir. The Dalla Valle is Cabernet Sauvignon?

- dananne - 05-29-2008

Thank you all for your kind words and sentiments. And, yes, Anne is certainly wearing her serious lawyer face on this one.

Thank you, Brappy, for the vicarious pleasures of your evening tasting. Like Wonders, I've heard KC talk about Radio Coteau, too, so I guess it's one to track down in these parts. I've got an '04 Loring Brosseau that may be on tap for this weekend when I should get to toss a few glasses back.

- Kcwhippet - 05-29-2008

Sorry about the accident, Dan. Unfortunately, some people think a driver's license gives them a right to maneuver their vehicles anywhere they want to and the rest of us on the road be damned. I had a similar experience to Bucko's 46 years ago when someone passed me then quickly swerved back into my lane clipping my poor little Ducati's front wheel. Not much damage to me or the bike, other than a few scrapes, but the gall of some people is just amazing.

As to Radio-Coteau - I really like their PN's as well as their Syrah and Zin. Unfortunately, my purchases of all that "high priced spread" we've been enjoying for lo these many years have been severely curtailed. My move from a very lucrative position in the miltary-industrial complex to the wine shop has put a serious dent in my supply of available cash. I'm moving into IK's realm of finding wonderful wines a bit further down the food chain. In fact, today is a major milestone in my life. I signed up for Medicare!!! Yoicks and gadzooks!! Tis the end of an era!!

- wondersofwine - 05-29-2008

KC, which medicare supplement plan are you under? I will have to make a decision in a couple years.

- Kcwhippet - 05-29-2008

Haven't signed up yet, but I'm leaning toward Tufts Medicare Preferred, which is only available in MA and part on CT. Tough choice between them and BCBS, but Tufts offers a bit more at a slightly lower premium.

- winoweenie - 05-29-2008

Dan, i dint post on this under the thread but saved it for your enjermint. 2004 Loring Rancho Onteveros. Brite medium ruby. Nose redolent of my favorite flower shop/bakery, along with Penzeys from a block away along with red and blck cherries and plums. Solid entry, lovely center weight, and a 4+ lapper finish. About at the TOIG. Really lovely effort. 91/90 44 by the box. 15.15 ALC. ww

- dananne - 05-29-2008

That's what I'm talking about! You're a true friend, good sir, providing vicarious thrills, and I'm not sure I've had the pleasure of a Rancho, either. Thanks, WW [img]http://wines.com/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

- wondersofwine - 05-30-2008

I can't seem to locate my 2004 Loring Pinots which I want to drink this summer. I know where the 2005 Lorings are but need to locate the previous vintage.

- Drew - 05-30-2008

Stop gumbling, you probably were at fault. You shoudl't have been on the highway you "Go Green" guy, (Hippy). Sheese, complaining about a little bump!

(Glad you're OK!)

DRew