WineBoard
Win some, lose some... - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Rants & Raves (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: Win some, lose some... (/thread-12798.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- hotwine - 06-30-2002

and some are rained out.
Have been prayin' for rain for a couple of months, and the clouds finally opened up last night, dumping 3.5" by mid-morning. So now I've got a puddle in the wine cellar, where rain leaked around both the inner and outer doors; and the new racks I started building of welded steel yesterday now have a little discoloration from rust that's beginning to form on the fresh welds. #$%&. But I'll take the rain, and be grateful for every drop!

- winoweenie - 06-30-2002

I'd give a case of your choice for 3&1/2 up here. 92 days without a trace and counting. WW

- hotwine - 07-02-2002

That 3.5" has now become 13.7", and it's still comin' down. That's half of our annual average in three days. Yee-ha! No matter that it flooded the garage, where we had over 30 boxes of kitchen contents stored awaiting the remodel; or that the cellar also probably has more water in it (haven't been in there in a couple of days). We're still grateful for every drop!

- hotwine - 07-02-2002

Now 14.5"...

- Innkeeper - 07-02-2002

Is any of that falling on Austin? Our friend there is also complaining that it never rains, and costs him a forture in water to keep his garden going.

- hotwine - 07-02-2002

You bet, IK. Austin is being dumped on as we speak. This stuff has been swirling over us as a low pressure cell since Sunday, and is finally moving up IH35 to Austin and Waco. But in the meantime, more moisture is being pulled in from the Gulf, so more storms are forming to the south and moving this way. Fantastic! Can hear the thunder of the new storms now. Yee-ha!

- Innkeeper - 07-02-2002

Well, we had a lick splittin Yankee thunder bumper here this morning. Well over our average rainfall this year, but still in drought. Go figure. Has something to do with ledge.

- hotwine - 07-03-2002

Our total since early Sunday morning now stands at 17.5", and it's still comin' down. Manomanoman. [img]http://www.wines.com/ubb2/smile.gif[/img]

- hotwine - 07-04-2002

Another 3" overnight, as of 0500, for a total of 21" so far, and have had more since. Some rivers downstream from San Antonio are more than 20 feet above flood stage. Haven't talked to our foreman, but suspect the creek would have been on a big rise; hopin' none of the cattle took a one-way float trip down to the Gulf. Watched a video clip of a nice 10-pt buck doin' just that last night. Reminded of one of Bill Cosby's classic monologues: "OK....What's a cubit?"

- Innkeeper - 07-04-2002

Had more thunder bumpers roll though last night. Heard fire engines, but don't know who got hit yet. Still maght maght hot here. Supposed to get a break tomorrow. Hope this is the ONE heatwave of the season!

- Bucko - 07-04-2002

Bizarre weather...... BTW, did anyone notice IK joined the Triple Blabbermouth club? Horns, confetti, Champagne corks popping....

- Bucko - 07-04-2002

Bizarre weather...... BTW, did anyone notice IK joined the Triple Blabbermouth club? Horns, confetti, Champagne corks popping....

- zenda2 - 07-04-2002

Weird weather, good luck to IK and Hotwine, including the cattle and both cellars.

And congrats to IK on joining that 3K club.

- hotwine - 07-04-2002

Managed to grill some burgers on wet wood & damp charcoal, and was takin' them off the grill when another wave hit. We're now at a tad over 23". Polished off the last of my '97 Rancho Zabaco Heritage Vines Zin with the burgers; sure sorry to see that stuff go. Garage flooded, and was completely cleaned out, twice today.

- Innkeeper - 07-04-2002

Well, the daughter is still hanging on. We managed to grill the dogs tonight, and enjoyed them with German hot potato salad, and the jug of Lot #29, and Maine strawberries with whipped cream. What more could a body want. We have another thurder bumper coming through, so they may have to cancel the fireworks tonight. At this point we still have A&E, so Pop Goes the 4th!!!

- winedope1 - 07-04-2002

that's right, IK ! I love the Pops. I'm trying to type quickly because it looks really black out there !! Rumble, rumble...

- hotwine - 07-04-2002

And we've got another one forming to the south. I'm telling everybody too many of us have been praying for rain!

- winoweenie - 07-05-2002

Git them windmills churnin' and blow that sucker west. WW

- Innkeeper - 07-05-2002

Well, after all was said and done, as Marry Banilow put it; it was a lovely "Evening in New England."

- hotwine - 07-05-2002

Now 27" and counting...some residents are being evacuated....we're still just mopping the garage...no other damage here.