WineBoard
For those who believe...I need prayers please! - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Rants & Raves (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: For those who believe...I need prayers please! (/thread-12768.html)

- wineguruchgo - 03-10-2005

It is very seldom that I come on this board and ask for help. Yet, today, I need just that.

A very good friend of mine is very ill. His name is Anthony Keenan. Anthony is 32 ? and today has been diagnosed with testicular cancer which has spread to his lungs. Evidently, that is the favorite place for this cancer to spread to.

Tomorrow, Friday, he is being operated on (removing one testicle) and will start radiation treatment on his lungs.

Please, please say prayers for him for he can use all the help he can get at this point. He is such a good soul and truly is a part of my family.

We love him so.

Thanks,

wgc

- TheEngineer - 03-10-2005

Our prayers are for him.

- Bucko - 03-11-2005

Fortunately, testicular cancer is one of the more responsive ones to treatment, depending on how early it is caught. Hoping for the best ...

- californiagirl - 03-11-2005

wineguru- I am so sorry! You and your friend will be in my prayers.

- Zinner - 03-11-2005

Please add my prayers and wishes for recovery.

- Kcwhippet - 03-11-2005

So sorry to hear that. Add our prayers, too.

- Drew - 03-11-2005

Have a good friend who went thru 2 bouts of testicular cancer and came thru with flying colors. Still healthy today, will offer prayers for your friend.

Drew

- Georgie - 03-11-2005

Same here. Hang in there.

- winoweenie - 03-11-2005

Add me to the list. I'll have CB light a candle on her prayer spot when she awakes. WW

- wineguruchgo - 03-11-2005

Thanks everyone. It will comfort him to know that he has prayers going up from all over the country.

I'm going to visit him today and rather than buy him flowers I'm going to buy him boxing gloves because it's time to fight! Thought that was appropriate and something he would appreciate.

I'll update you later.

French proverb

- Thomas - 03-11-2005

Boxing gloves--great idea. Make sure you keep him laughing too; best cure helper.

- wondersofwine - 03-11-2005

I'm saying a little prayer for Anthony right now.

- wineguruchgo - 03-11-2005

I've now decided to have co-workers sign the gloves for him. Yes, laughter is very important. I will certainly do my best to do that!

- stevebody - 03-11-2005

Please tell Anthony that people are praying for him all over the place. There is a lot of power in this, I believe. I've seen it work too often not to. Mostly, tell him not to give up hope and to laugh as much as he can. Laugther has such a beneficial effect on the body and spirit. I'm praying for him and will keep him in my thoughts.

- wineguruchgo - 03-12-2005

I would like to thank everyone who took time from their day to say a prayer or even think of Anthony.

I just got off the phone with him and he is in great spirits. His surgery went off without a hitch and he is starting his first round of Chemo today. So far so good.

His prognosis is that they caught it in time and he will make a full recovery.

Thank you again! I'm going to see him tomorrow since he has been innundated with people over the past two days and really isn't up to it.

Whoo-hoo!

- bigredwines - 03-12-2005

Debbi and I will be praying for your friend and his family.Praying for peace and strenth through this difficult time.

- Georgie - 03-14-2005

Glad to hear the good news. I'll keep up the praying.