WineBoard
Is anyone else as sick to death as I am over the election cry babies? - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Rants & Raves (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: Is anyone else as sick to death as I am over the election cry babies? (/thread-12743.html)

Pages: 1 2

- mrdutton - 11-14-2000

However, Bucko, I really appreciate your sense of humor!!!

- Bucko - 11-14-2000

Yeah, I don't vote party lines, I vote for the person. Sadly, I was a McCain fan, and not a fan of either of the two bozos in the current fray. Whoever wins loses, after all of this flap, and with a split house and senate. Nothing is going to get done over the next four years, which Allen Greenspan loves, and the stock market loves. Hey, this may not turn out so bad afterall! Now, back to this photo that I have of you and Rush at the Siemper Fi rally...... come clean, you Hillary Hound!

Bucko

- chittychattykathy - 11-15-2000

Bucko, A+ for humor. (We need to run into each other sometime.)
I have come home tonight to some emails from friends in Europe asking "what it's like being an American right now? " (Hardy, Har, Har! Dang German and their Humor)
MrDutton, what is a Mustang? Enlisted?

- winoweenie - 11-15-2000

CCK, Geez..A Mustang is whats we puts in the pen wif` the mares to get lil` ponies! And Bucko, I`ve known all along there was some redeeming quality I liked about you other than your Palate. McCain was the second presidential candidate I worked with. The First Was Barry. I`m still on Johns` team. winoweenie

- Innkeeper - 11-15-2000

A Mustang is a former enlisted person who qualifies for and is accepted for officer status. In most of the services one is treated like an equal, and the subject of mustangatry never comes up. Unfortunately this is not true in the Navy were Mustangs are treated like second class citizens, which is probably why Dutton is a Democrat.

- Thomas - 11-15-2000

I refrain from political debates only because they often serve to point out how wrong the rest of the world is and how right I am (ba-da-bing-ba-boom-splash-damn!).

Anyway, if I were either Gush or Bore I would want the other guy to win. These two Yahoos shot for the middle and that is exactly what they got--right down the center; they deserve this mess for being panderers, and neither will be able to lead as president--not that either one could before this mess came about.

Now that we are in the mess, however, I think it would be nice to try for a parliamentary coalition government, just to see if we have the mettle for it. If we follow Italy's example, we can have a new government every month! Now that sounds refreshing to me.

- hotwine - 11-15-2000

I like George W.; had the pleasure of meeting him a couple of years ago. Found him personable and quite articulate, contrary to the picture painted recently by the leftist media. Rush is a good guy, too, but his shrieking is in the category of fingernails scraping on a blackboard, IMHO; not my choice for easy listening.
(Smoking a couple of young Charolais briskets, and facing a delightful decision: Rhone or Cru Beaujolais?)

- winoweenie - 11-15-2000

Hotsie, Love the idea of smokin` them Charlois. Is that like Sensimillion of Maui-Powie? Know when-some-ever I do a couple of them suckers I can only get thru one bottle of enny-thin`. winoweenie

- Bucko - 11-15-2000

Hmmmm.... I always thought that Navy mustangers were looked up to. I was Navy enlisted, ASROC, got the GI bill and went to college. I always had more respect for the mustangers. The Navy turned me down for a Med School Scholarship and the Army gave me the thumbs up. The Navy is still in my blood though, even if it is pretty much a caste system compared to the Army. Now, back to this crazy election -- what a joke IMHO. No one has any cajones.......

Bucko

- mrdutton - 11-15-2000

IK - I am NOT a Democrat...... ROTFLAMO!!!

IK/Bucko - you are both correct. The enlisted guys always seemed to have the greater respect for the Mustangs than for the regulars - cuz the enlisted guys/gals knew we'd been in their shoes. However, the Navy Line Officers, especially the semi-senior ones, tended to give us Mustanger's a rough time cuz we were not 'nockers. (Ring Knockers - a term applied to any officer in the Armed Forces of the US who has graduated from one of the Academies (which also include such places as The Citadel, VMI and The Merchant Marine Academy as these are the only three non-service related schools from which graduates can receive a commission in the Armed Forces).

- hotwine - 11-15-2000

Hmmm. I was an Army version of a mustang: enlisted in the Infantry branch, commissioned a year later in same at Benning. Always had excellent rapport with enlisted troops, to the chagrine of the Point grads, who were barely tolerated. Funny how the different services have evolved their unique cultures.

- hotwine - 11-15-2000

BTW, I chose a '98 Duboeuf Chiroubles to accompany the brisket. It's progressed very nicely during (almost) a year in the cellar, with rounding of the fruit and softening of tannins.