WineBoard
Is anyone else as sick to death as I am over the election cry babies? - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Rants & Raves (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: Is anyone else as sick to death as I am over the election cry babies? (/thread-12743.html)

Pages: 1 2

- Bucko - 11-13-2000

What a black eye for America, the country who goes to OTHER countries to monitor election results. What an embarrassment!

Bucko

- hotwine - 11-13-2000

You're right on, Bucko. I'm just glad not to be in Europe, trying to explain to friends there how we fumbled our way into this mess. The rule of law seems to have been tossed out the window, and now we're down to a whizzin' contest among lawyers. This ain't the way it's supposed to be.

Hot-disgusted

- Innkeeper - 11-13-2000

You betjum Red Ryder. On the other hand this isn't a whine board.

- Bucko - 11-13-2000

Nope, that is exactly what this is, an open forum to bitch about anything from gun control to save the whales.

Bucko

- Innkeeper - 11-13-2000

OK, save the guns; we may need them.

- ddf68 - 11-13-2000

Call me crazy, but I find it entertaining. And I don't see it as an embarassment to our democratic tradition. What legal skirmishing there has been has focussed on how to count the votes, not whether some votes should or shouldn't be counted. And as far as I've heard the demonstrations have been peaceful. I don't think I'll be embarassed unless there's violence in the streets or someone files suit to hold a new election, etc.

ddf

- mrdutton - 11-13-2000

I thought, like IK, that this should be a wine related rant and rave and not a whine forum.............

However, I find myself agreeing with ddf68.

- winoweenie - 11-13-2000

Hot Diggity-Dog, We can have 7 more states challenged, hand-count the votes to the tune of the cost of a case of Screaming Eagle and we`ll still have either Tweedledie or Tweedildumd runnin` the country. YAHN. EH TU BUCKO, winoweenie

- Botafogo - 11-13-2000

I just keep waiting for that fine corporate citizen Bill Gates to announce Vote 3.0, Microsoft's answer to the errors inherent in our current system. AND, coming from Louisiana, I must say "You ain't seen nuthin!"

My favorite (ABSOLUTELY TRUE, I SWEAR!) annecdote from this year's elections in the Sportsman's Paradise was a Black Civil Rights Lawyer who tried to get on the ballot for Attorney General with his nickname, just like all the white candidates with names like "Bubba" and "Lucky" and "Ragin Cajun" and even "Coonass" (a loving perjoritive for rural cajuns).

Except his nickname was Art "Super Nigger" Jones!!!! And they disallowed it! A Brother can't get a break from da Man, no how.....

Larry Elder (a conservative Black Radio and TV host here) had him on national radio for three hours, you can't BUY that kind of publicity!

And I agree, all my Brasilian friends think it is amazing the effort we will put in to count the votes and get it right, they are impressed, not laughing.

But what would LBJ have to say....

Roberto

- Bucko - 11-13-2000

Nope, an open forum to bitch about this and that, like why Foodie put Hillary in the Senate? }:>

Bucko

- winecollector - 11-14-2000

Foodie- how could you? Oh well, better your state than mine......

- winoweenie - 11-14-2000

What`s incomprehensible to me is Gore is trying to tell us that those Lil` Sweet Blue-Hairs in West Palm that day-in and day-out manage 15 Bingo cards at a time can`t make sense of a BALLOT! winoweenie

- hotwine - 11-14-2000

The whiners are telling the world that Florida is populated by functional illiterates who must be afforded multiple opportunities to perform simple tasks. If I were a Floridian, I'd be mighty P.O.'d. And they're holding our fate is in their hands!?
The Billaries must be wringing their hands with glee!

- Botafogo - 11-14-2000

No! No!! No!!! It is ESSENTIAL that Hillary and others like her get into office as you guys seem to have missed the whole concept here: As John the Baptist (oh, ok, Ralph Nader) has told us till he is blue in the face, this country is actually run by large corporations and their lobbyists so the PURPOSE of elections is now to provide sufficient fodder for Jay Leno, Conan Obrian and Jacki Mason to lull us into complacency with humor. Jeesh, I thought we had some intelligent folks here.......

Ducking again, Roberto

- hotwine - 11-14-2000

And thus, the true legacy of the Clinton administration: a tyranny of the absurd, and total disregard for the rule of law.

- hotwine - 11-14-2000

(That smiley face was unintentional. I ain't smilin'.)

- mrdutton - 11-14-2000

After reading hotwine's comments, I am reminded of what I heard Rush call Bill and Hillary. He called them Fascists.......

Oh, Roberto, no need to duck........ none at all.

- mrdutton - 11-14-2000

[Maybe I'd better explain my position here. I do not normally EVER listen to Rush. However, I've been switching between NPR and the local conservative talk radio station trying to get information and trying to keep things sorted out. TV is one medium I have been disregarding, lately. The local newspaper is another medium I've been ignoring. NPR is one medium I will probably never disregard and Rush is one individual I usually always disregard.]

- Bucko - 11-14-2000

Come on, MrD, admit it, you are a closet Rush fan.....

Bucko

- mrdutton - 11-14-2000

Ain't no way.......... I voted for some of them other folks this time around. You know the ones whose party affiliation starts with with an ass....... oops ........ a Donkey.

I was really quite serious about voting for the local Democrats for US Congress and US Senate seats for Virginia. The Dem running for Owen Pickett's seat seemed to make sense to me. That was enough for my vote. Because to a retired military guy like me, Owen Pickett has ALWAYS been a staunch supporter of overcoming our problems with false promises from the politicos.

Uncle said yes and then Uncle said no....... That's bull hockey.

As much as I personally dislike Chuck Robb, I voted for him because I thought he would be, as he has always been, good for our state.

I'm a Sailor and a Mustang and Chuck is a Marine Ossifer; and if you can't figure out from that minor difference why I did not like him as a person, well you've been down a different road than we've both been down.

A hidden Rush supporter........ NOT!!!