WineBoard
What a mess! - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Rants & Raves (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: What a mess! (/thread-12740.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

- mrdutton - 09-11-2001

Foodie - hope you are okay. I can hardly belive my eyes - what I am seeing on TV.

This must have been very well planned to hit the World Trade Center like that and the Pentagon at the same time.........

It is almost unbelievable.

- joeyz6 - 09-11-2001

I don't think I've ever been so upset in my life...this must be one of the worst national tragedies since Vietnam. Absolutely terrible. I second Mr. D's hope that Foodie and anyone else in NY are OK.

- Bucko - 09-11-2001

I have a lot of cyberfriends in NYC and my heart goes out to all of them. I pray that all are safe, as are their families.

Bucko

- zenda2 - 09-11-2001

God Bless America

- zenda2 - 09-11-2001

Go donate blood

- Bucko - 09-11-2001

A very cowardly act, as are most terrorist acts. I trust we will take the appropriate action.

- hotwine - 09-11-2001

Was at the local sawbones' for a routine but complete physical this AM as the news was breaking. Hard to get in the mood for suffering all those indignities when the world is blowin' up. Came home and raised the colors out front before turning on the news. Hope this marks the end of our game of patty-cake with those sumbitches! Pray for the survivors, and for strong arms in defense of our families and neighbors.

- joeyz6 - 09-11-2001

You're absolutely right, hotwine, we can't let this ridiculous s*** go without severe, rigorous punishment.

- Scoop - 09-11-2001

Thanks for the thoughts. I'm O.K., as I work and live in Mid-town, but because of proximity to the UN, we were certainly on edge all morning...

The scene is surreal and incredible, with streams of people walking north up Manhattan, away from the carnage downtown, most in shock, some with blood on their shirts...Truly unbelievable.

I hope Foodie and RAD check in soon.

Scoop

- Innkeeper - 09-11-2001

I posted our adventures up on CCK's post on Talk with Moderators. Like Scoop, am very conerned about RAD.

- RAD - 09-11-2001

Checking in on this thread as well--

A big melange of emotions: shock, sadness, anger...someone is going to have hell to pay.

And one thing I cannot comprehend for the life of me--how in the HELL can FOUR airliners get hijacked in a single DAY???!!! Someone (or ones) right here in the US have hell to pay for that one--

RAD

- chittychattykathy - 09-11-2001

What about the car bomb at the state building?
ap: <Around 10 a.m. one of those still airborne planes, a United Airlines
flight from Newark to San Francisco with 45 aboard, crashed 80 miles
southeast of Pittsburgh. A few minutes later a car bomb exploded outside
the State Department.>
This is all I have heard about this.

- hotwine - 09-11-2001

CCK, the report of a car bombing at Foggy Bottom has been retracted by the AP.

- chittychattykathy - 09-11-2001

Thanks, I wondered about that.

- mrdutton - 09-11-2001

RAD has checked in! Where is Foodie?!!??

- winoweenie - 09-11-2001

Hard to comprehend the madness that could permeate this many people. This operation took lots of intelligence (snoopers ) , money, and coordination to succeed at this level. If it wasn't Asama-Bin-Lawden and the Taliban, then the only other culprit has to be Iran. WE MUST PUT A BLOT ON THESE AREAS OF MADMEN. Cowerdice doesn't deserve accolades, only contempt. These idiots must be eradicated fron the face of our planet. I'm sick....sick it happened.....sick we let these lunatics spit in our face....and most of all I'm sick for the poor innocent people that these monsters have affected. . WW [img]http://www.wines.com/ubb2/frown.gif[/img]

[This message has been edited by winoweenie (edited 09-11-2001).]

- Bucko - 09-11-2001

Where's Ronnie Reagan when we need him?

- Botafogo - 09-12-2001

Whoah! Anyone got any solid news on the recommencement of aviation in the US? I am here in Rio de Janeiro watching all the horror on CNN and the BBC and am getting no straight answers as to when I can return...

Anyone heard from foodie?????

Roberto

- RAD - 09-12-2001

I emailed Foodie earlier today and have yet to hear from him. His shop isn't near the damaged area. Still, I'd feel better if we had some news as to his whereabouts.

Boto, no word yet on when US airspace is going to be re-opened. When it does, expect long delays from extremely tight security.

According to a cnn.com story filed 9/12/01 at 2:07p EDT, "The reopening of the nation's domestic airports was delayed past a noon Wednesday target because there was not enough time to impose stringent new security measures, senior administration officials told CNN's John King."

RAD

- joeyz6 - 09-12-2001

It looks as if most airlines are going to start flying a limited schedule as early as tonight; but if your flight is scheduled to leave tomorrow, Roberto, then it may be delayed. My father was supposed to fly home to Chicago from Portland (OR) today, but the airline said he likely won't be able to fly until Friday. And they're being especially careful with international flights.