WineBoard
I wanted my 1000th post to be something good so.... - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Rants & Raves (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: I wanted my 1000th post to be something good so.... (/thread-12683.html)

- Botafogo - 05-24-2003

here is a HUGE, heartfelt thank you to all of those who have made this one of my best home away from homes.

AND, Jerry, I miss you man, almost everyday I think of something you said or play some music you loved and wish we could bust up a bottle of something yummie and talk about music.

Cheers, Roberto

- Innkeeper - 05-24-2003

Congratulations Roberto, or, as Bucko would say, bigmouth. This is a great weekend to remember Jerry; hopefully he's up there waiting for us.

- Botafogo - 05-24-2003

Up there?!?!?!? It's warm and toasty and Jimi Hendrix, Hank Williams and Charlie Parker are in the band where Jerry is (see ya there, buddy, say Hi to the Horned one).

Roberto

- winoweenie - 05-24-2003

You'll have to get by me at the door first lecher-man. I'll be screening for the worst offenders and assigning them spots close to moi'.WW

- Jackie - 05-24-2003

Roberto,

Thank you for all of your contributions. You've given us so much good advice and I especially love reading your mouthwatering menus.

Jerry is certainly smiling about how good this board has become, don't you think? I think so.

Congrats on 1000! You've got me beat.

Jackie

- Thomas - 05-25-2003

Of course, 1,000 posts means Roberto has a way to go to catch up to some of us bigmouths...but welcome to the journey.

As for Jerry, I'll bet his libertine attitude has infected the nether, and neither horns nor wings has he--only respect.

[This message has been edited by foodie (edited 05-25-2003).]

- hotwine - 05-25-2003

Congrats, Roberto, and welcome to the blabbermouth club.

- quijote - 05-25-2003

Happy 1000+, Roberto, and thank you for your insight and feedback.

- Kcwhippet - 05-26-2003

Actually, I'm surprised it's only 1000. Quality over quantity.

- winoweenie - 05-26-2003

Don't forget that Coleman will be on tenor and Ella and Mel will be doin' duets out the patootie with Evans kickin the tunes up a notch. Happy Memorial Day, one and all. WW

- wondersofwine - 05-27-2003

I was surprised that I reached 1000 ahead of Roberto. However, he has had those absences while in Brazil...

- Botafogo - 05-27-2003

Verne, here is a "real life" American Idol moment for you:

One of my friends has a small, struggling jazz / blues / gospel record label. He gets a CD to consider for distribution and is not overly impressed with it, nice stuff but not special.

He gets a call from the agent who sent the CD and says what he thinks and why he is passing. The agent asks him "do you know who that is?" The singer's name is Ray Brown Jr., as in son of Ella Fitzgerald and Ray Brown (MAJOR jazz bassist for those who don't know) and suddenly my friend "realizes" that maybe the kid has what it takes after all (as in a marketable name) and signs the deal....

Don't get me started on Bebel Gilberto (daughter of João and whom would NEVER have had a career with a different name), Roberto

PS: Back to the premise, I once shocked a Penticostal minister getting in my face one morning when he asked "Son, do you know what it is like in Hell?" and I answered "The weather sucks but the band more than makes up for it"!

[This message has been edited by Botafogo (edited 05-27-2003).]