WineBoard
New Wines with Free Shipping - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: RESOURCES AND OTHER STUFF (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-300.html)
+--- Forum: Best Buys/Steal Deals (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: New Wines with Free Shipping (/thread-12240.html)

- andrawes76 - 02-27-2009

Lots of 98, 99, 00, and a couple 01 Bordeaux, some with Free Shipping recently posted on the Wines.com catalog menu at 30% off. Please feel free to check them out! All guaranteed.

- winoweenie - 02-27-2009

Would be easier if you'd group your sale items together to make for easier selection. I couldn't find the sale items without spening the better part of NCIS looking for them. ww

- Innkeeper - 02-28-2009

My problem was that I went through the whole site picking out wines in the $10-$15 pp, and when checking out found that the S&H would be $59. Even with the discount, paying an additional $5 per bottle was too much. Particularly in the day and age when many retailers and a bunch of wineries are offering free shipping on all case lots. So, I cancelled the order.

- Jackie - 03-04-2009

Alex & I are investigating this... We want you all to get good deals from WINES.COM. We'll be in touch with some better news. I'm really sorry and unhappy that you didn't have the greatest experience here.... We have work to do. Your feedback is very important and I very much value your comments. Thank you.

Pls. keep the comments coming...

Jackie

- winophite - 03-07-2009

I went to the wine section here at wines.com, perused the selections awhile, emailed a question under the contact us button (mentioning seeing Buckley Wineholts name put out on this forum as a contact) and guess what...Now several weeks later, I didn't get any response. Not a good way to attract business from me.
WP

- andrawes76 - 03-08-2009

Dear Winophite, customer service and ease of use are priorities for us. As the CEO, when I read posts like this, it concerns me. Can you please email me at alex@wines.com and I will be glad to assist you personally to make sure we provide you with customer support. I actively do sales in the Company as well. FYI on any order over $500 we are offering free shipping on non-sale/non-special items. I will post that in a second.

Dear Wine Board Members,

For any orders over $500, please use ULRE4K at checkout for free shipping. I have tested the code and it works on any regular price item. If the item is on Specials or Free Shipping, then it does not apply to the coupon value. If you have any issues, please let me know so I can correct them. Again if you want to purchase over the phone, call me at (800) 690-9463 and I will help you place the order over the phone as well.

If there is a wine you are looking for not carried by our inventory, then let us know and we'll source it for you at the best possible price.

Best regards, Alex

- winoweenie - 03-08-2009

Just noticed your post about contacting Alex CEO of Wines .com. When and how did this site become a place where we need a CEO? WW

CEO = Constructive and Entertaining Oenophile...

who says you cannot mix business with pleasure?

- winophite - 03-11-2009

I like to try to make pleasure my business !!!! [img]http://www.wines.com/ubb/smile.gif[/img]
Wp

- Jackie - 03-11-2009

I'm working with Alex to try to make Wines.com a better site for us all. Hope you've noticed improvements. For one thing, you can now actually buy wine here! We have so much information about wine and so many people looking online, it was a shame not to have a good selection of wines to offer. Now, we have that. Forget the title. Alex is a good buddy and a straightshooter. Jerry would have liked him, I'm pretty sure.

- hotwine - 03-12-2009

Called Alex yesterday and placed an order for a couple of cases at a good price, better even than that from Wine Exchange. 'Way too easy...

- TheEngineer - 03-12-2009

Nice to hear that. I've had a few offline emails with Alex and would agree that he is easy to work with. .... Now if my bonus at work would just return......

- Kcwhippet - 03-12-2009

Bonus??? What's a bonus?? Our owner firmly believes our continued employment is our bonus - and I'm in an industry that's "recession proof".

- TheEngineer - 03-12-2009

KC, I feel your pain.

When I graduated....oh WAYYYY back in the 90's during the last large recession, the unemployment rate in Canada hoovered around 10%. There were stores like Radio Shack that took advantage of the situation and offered Engineering grads an opportunity to VOLUNTEER in their stores to gain working experience.... so that they can apply for real paying jobs.

- andrawes76 - 04-03-2009

New Wine List of Clearance Items today! Email me at alex@wines.com and I will send the list to you. Some really great wines over 50% off including 1995 The Royal Tokaji Aszu Essencia for $89 per bottle, Tenuta Masseta for $89, and a whole bunch more. Any 6 pack or case ships free.