WineBoard
Great French Syrah! - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: RESOURCES AND OTHER STUFF (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-300.html)
+--- Forum: Best Buys/Steal Deals (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: Great French Syrah! (/thread-12115.html)

Pages: 1 2

- winoweenie - 10-11-2000

Drew-Boogs and MrD, D, You may have something in you deduction. and you`re forgiven MrD. By-the-By ChefMax, I use the term as a descriptive adjective to define what my Child Bride Drinks. I keep 4 diamonds full at all times just inside the door of my cellar so she doesn`t get exposed to my reds. And yes, I`ve had some great Montrachets , sat many an evening on the back porch in the early 70`s with Joe Swan at his lil` home in RRV and also withMrs. McCrae up at Stony drinking what most assuradly were some of the greatest whites ever produced in Calif. The 73 and 74 Swans and the 67 70 and 73 Stony Hills were classic wines, BUT they were still sissy whites. 68-69-and 70 Heitz Marthas, 68-70 and 74 Mayacaymus, 74 Diamond Creek VH, GM & RRT, 78 Diamond Creek Lake, VH, and GM. These were (are) wines that rolled your socks up and down. There`s hundreds more of the older Calif & Bordeaux` that qualify in this group, but this , hopefully will suffice for now. winoweenie

- ChefMax - 10-12-2000

HELP! I think I'm suffocating under the heavy weight of someone's gigantic ego! C'mon!
Wine is not only a treasure we all obviously behold but it is also fun and meant to be enjoyed light-heartedly. Is this a forum for sharing great wine experiences or for degrading our wives and criticizing their inexperience? I'm disappointed that one chooses a "child bride" in this modern day. My wife and I are kindred spirits in the arena of wine and for that I am grateful. Is this forum not for her eyes but for those of the "Gentlemen's Club"?
I am genuinely curious and would like to pursue enjoyable rounds of conversation with other lovers of wine, senses of humor prevailing. I, personally, find a braggert is a thorn among roses. Please tell me if I have found a diamond in the rough or if I've stumbled into a nest of angry egos.

- Drew - 10-12-2000

Chefmax, I'm sorry you're having trouble with the humor here. It's all in good fun and good taste, maybe you just need to lighten up a little!

Drew

- Drew - 10-12-2000

ChittyChatty you out there? We need a feminine response.

Drew

- ChefMax - 10-12-2000

Yes! Perhaps a female response IS in order!
BUT... my sense of humor is in full force...let's get to it!!

Wait... I know... let's talk about sulfites!
GRIN

- hotwine - 10-12-2000

CCK left for Europe earlier in the week.

- mrdutton - 10-12-2000

You've found a diamond in the rough..... methinks.

Please don't take all this banter literally.

- Garbo - 10-12-2000

Zoiks! Since the wine savvy CCK is indisposed, I'll throw myself on that barbed wire. I'm a chick. I like wine. I like SWs and I like reds. But I LOOOOVE the groovy group of people on these boards. They school me daily. They are funny and smart. They are not (to me) offensive or snobby. They may just take some getting used to. And if winoweenie has a Jerry Lee Lewis thing goin on, hey, more power to him...so long as she's street legal!

- winoweenie - 10-13-2000

Tank youse Garbs, I needed that. Not quite in The Jerry Lee area, just my way of acknowledging we have a lil` span twixt our ages. And Chef Max, what I tried to tell you was that there `haint too many inflated egos, wine snobs, or uninformed people on this board. One of our dearly departed friends was one of the most astute wine writers in the world, affectionatly known as the Wine Curmudgeon. He left a legacy that most of us try to sustain. We try to keep wine fun, NO pedastals, No psuedo cliques, and certainly No chains around our necks with funny lil` cups on `em. Again welcome to the board. If you have time you might go back on the Moderators thread a year or so. Mite be enlightening. winoweenie I`m going to suggest to the moderators we adopt the motto of our wine group ( The BAWDIES...Bad -assed winos drinkin` irreverant eonophile sh#* ) We use the 3-S`s as our Initiation... NO SNIVELING...NO SNOBBERY... NO SISSY-WHITES.
( jes` kiddin` )

[This message has been edited by winoweenie (edited 10-13-2000).]

- ChefMax - 10-13-2000

COOL.

- winoweenie - 10-13-2000

Chefster, We certainly try. NEVER take any comment I make on this board personally as my venue in life is to drink good wine, with good people, in good health, and enjoy with all the wonderful people in my accquantance as many good times as possible. We banter, goad, ride, and cajole but never with malice.Hope you enjoy the stuff! winoweenie..Cool is what we wanna be.

- mrdutton - 10-13-2000

Well at least he did not say "KOOL"........ so we know where his heart and mind are. Chefmax is an old fart like the rest of us.

As for the rest of the banter in the last few posts to this thread all I can say is:

ROTFLAMO!!!!

Some very good commentary............... Jerry Lee Lewis indeed!!!

[This message has been edited by mrdutton (edited 10-13-2000).]