WineBoard
2007 in fine bourgeois family selection - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: TASTING NOTES & WINE SPECIFIC FORUMS (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-200.html)
+--- Forum: Rhone/South of France/Wines/Varieties (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-31.html)
+--- Thread: 2007 in fine bourgeois family selection (/thread-11852.html)

- winoweenie - 12-12-2010

Selected this 90% Grenache/10 Syrah bottle for my basic Xmas gift to my customer salespeople. Opened one to make sure it was as solid as my pusher had assured me.Think most red drinkers will like this. It may be a little more refined and structured than 2-buckski or Yeller tailski but makes for a solid drink. Also bought a couple of boxes of their white but don't look for me comment on that SW. WW [img]/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

- Drew - 12-12-2010

Here's some info:

Region: Rhone Valley
Information: In the “Land of Winds”, producers passionate about their soil have “grown, harvested
and made wine from beautiful grapes for you.” In fine (to conclude, in Latin) brings
evenings to a close as nicely as it starts them! Dense, fresh and spicy wines. In Fine is the baby project from Raphael Trouiller, rising star of the Ventoux with his garage wine Domaine de Cascavel, a small biodynamic estate making handcrafted, tiny production
Ventoux wines.

This estate practices Sustainable Farming.

Winemaker: Raphael Trouiller

The Wines:

In Fine Rouge

This wine features an intense color with a purple hue and a complex and expressive
nose (red berries, spices, slightly licoriced violet notes). The generous and fruity mouth carries out the aromatic complexity of the nose with a pleasurable length. Serve at 61-64°F or slightly cold (57°F) in the summer. Drink now with red meat, game, and fresh cheeses.
A blend of 90% Grenache and 10% Syrah from younger vines growing on terraces
hillside vineyards on the foot hills of the Mont Ventoux. Aged in concrete tanks for 8
months before bottling.

In Fine Blanc

This pale yellow wine with bright tints offers up a mineral and appetizing nose with
notes of white fruits and white flowers. The smooth and wide palate reveals the same
flowery and citrus aromas with a nice freshness. White fruits such as pears and peaches are found on the finish. Serve at 48-50°F with cheese (goat), fish and/or seafood, Asian, or Creole cuisine, or simply with friends!
A blend of 80% Clairette and 20% Bourboulenc from younger vines growing on terraces
hillside vineyards on the foot hills of the Mont Ventoux. Aged in stainless steel tank for 8 months before bottling.

- winoweenie - 12-12-2010

And one more time Herr In-Spec-i-torre come thru wif the info. Tankee noble fren! BPR, WW

- hotwine - 12-12-2010

I like the idea of using concrete fermenters - have read that the Romans used those for many years. Have wondered if a nice, new, clean 1,000 gal. septic tank could be adapted for that purpose.... we have a manufacturer of those puppies only 2-3 miles away.

- winoweenie - 12-13-2010

Could actually serve both purposes....Before and After. WW [img]/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

- wondersofwine - 12-13-2010

One of the Sonoma Coast wine producers was planning on a cement fermenter to use for Chardonnay.