WineBoard
2005 Torres Salmos - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: TASTING NOTES & WINE SPECIFIC FORUMS (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-200.html)
+--- Forum: Spanish Wines/Varieties (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-35.html)
+--- Thread: 2005 Torres Salmos (/thread-10262.html)

Pages: 1 2

- winoweenie - 08-05-2007

Had this last nite after the wedding and can highly reccomend ENNYBODY with tongue intact to look this hummer up. Have no idea of the grape varietals used in this exquisite bottle of juice, the alc, even the reion but was told that the Torres team has been trying for 11 years to make this juice and this is their 1st release. Ordered a box on the spot and will make a more detailed repot later. In the meaning-whilst, do yourself a favor and look this sucker up. WW 30-35per.

- dananne - 08-05-2007

I think I had a glass of this recently at a local shop. If I'm not mistaken, it's from Priorat, and it blends Garnacha, Carinena, Cab, and Syrah. Thanks for the note. It reminds me to go grab a bottle.

- Drew - 08-06-2007

Something I found on the web relating to this wine.

"A little mystery can shape the image of a wine. The 2005 Torres Salmos revels in it.

The deep red from this major producer is being marketed with a back label that leads you to a Web site for a game of vineyard clues. Novelist Javier Serra contributed to the effort.

You can play along, or just enjoy the wine for its balanced, smooth, toasty style. Salmos, which means "psalms," is a flavorful ode to the Carthusian monks who planted vines in the Priorat region of Spain.

It's Torres' first wine from Priorat, in Catalonia. The aged-in-oak Salmos blends garnacha, syrah, carinena and cabernet sauvignon. Jammy and definitely for red meat and grilled fare. About $34."

Drew

- winoweenie - 08-06-2007

Thanks for the info guys. Just found my receipt and me local pushers is only charging me 35 and change for a box so as usual, he's close. WW

- TheEngineer - 08-06-2007

WW, at this rate you are gonna be a regular in these here spanish parts. [img]http://wines.com/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

- winoweenie - 08-06-2007

If them suckers be as good as this'n you can bet your bippy I'll be consuming. WW

- catavino - 08-15-2007

Great comments! I tasted this wine for the first time yesterday at the vineyard and it was absolutely fantastic. Although we didn't have time to decant the wine, which I suggest because it was a little tight, I would still happily by a case myself. If you're interested, we'll be posting an article on both the wine and the vineyard on the first of September. This month is dedicated to Portuguese wine, so unfortunately (and fortunately if you love Portuguese wine as much I do), we gotta hold out a bit on our experience. I agree with winoweenie, try the wine! And if you have a few more dollars to burn, I HIGHLY!!! suggest the Grans Muralles!

------------------
Gabriella

- wondersofwine - 08-15-2007

Gabriella,
Where will you be posting the article?

- winoweenie - 08-15-2007

Where are you posting this article Gabbie and welcome to the board? WW (Picking up my box tomorrow as I've been slightly incapacitated all week)

- catavino - 08-15-2007

On Catavino.net! We may end up posting this month, so keep your eye out! And thanks for the warm invitation!

- catavino - 09-05-2007

As promised, here is the article we recently posted on Salmos 2005

http://catavino.net/2007/09/05/salmos-our-excitement-and-our-disappointment/

[This message has been edited by catavino (edited 09-05-2007).]

- winoweenie - 09-05-2007

Hi cat. I typed in as directed and was informed no post existed. Are you sure this is the COMPLETE and correct address? WW

[This message has been edited by winoweenie (edited 09-07-2007).]

- winoweenie - 02-05-2008

Opened another for lunch yesterday. Still a baby trying to get civility. Stand on me original post that for the patient this will give mucho rewards. Solid citizen. WW

- winoweenie - 05-13-2008

Made a pot of marinated, seared steak aoup with vegatables for lunch yesterday. Opened another bottle of this beaut and decanted for an hour. Could have used 2. Will take me own advice and find solace elsewhere for a considerable amount of time while this beaut shaeds them bad ole tannins. No change in scoring. WW Bye-the-bye the alc is 14.5%

[This message has been edited by winoweenie (edited 05-13-2008).]

- winoweenie - 10-20-2008

Opened another today and let it breath for 3 hours. Not fully tamed but almost civil. A beautifully crafted bottle that still needs another 3-6 to fully mature but is still derned tasty as she stands. Rate this hummer a solid 92/92. WW

- winoweenie - 06-08-2011

Let this hummer be until lunch yesterday and really glad I did. This ruffian has done took a bath, shaved, got its' haircut, brushed hims toofie and really tastes great all cleaned up. Nose has some really keen spicy nuances, plummy, grapey accents and nice long finish(4+ lapper). Still some fine-grained tannins that need aanother 3-5 to resolve. GOOD STUFF!!!!WW

- winoweenie - 08-16-2011

Had another yesterday and n ot much different than the June post. Left a glass opened and it seemed after 4 hours to have smoothed out and is really swinging down the lane. Guess I'll let the rest of the box grow some more whiskers. WW

- TheEngineer - 08-17-2011

I could use some of this right now.......

- winoweenie - 08-17-2011

Plane fares are at an all-time low. WW :-D

- winoweenie - 02-29-2012

Opened a bottle for lunch today. Getting there but took a class in slow walking. Still the best Espanol juice to pass me lips. Seems like the finish is really fleshing out. Will let it hide for another 1-2. ww